• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Project, could not beat the price

Hobbyman

My first post.
Wanted to say thanks for letting me join. I have gotten a lot of good information from this site. Here is my short story. My friend bought a 1969 M35A2 bobbed back in 2009. I am not exactly sure why he did this, but he took the truck apart. Meaning a rolling chassis. He lost interest in it and it sat in his yard since 2009. I asked him what he was going to do with it and he stated “ you want it you can have it”. Just take it out of my yard. He had parts in his shed, back yard, boxes and boxes..So I did. I am putting it back together slowly. It is coming out really well. Thank God for the TM’s and your site. One day I hope to show off the finished product. Yesterday I started it, briefly. The engine did not run away but the idle was so high, I pulled the kill and it did not work. Thankfully I had the forethought to have 3 other people with me for this first start up. One with a ping pong paddle. He closed off the turbo intake. BUT SHE RAN!!! Now back to the TM’s and figure that one out. Again, great site.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sweet! I love stories like this. You should post a pic so we know where you started and for the future references.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is awesome.

I dream someday's of being able to focus on only one truck instead of the maintenance of "way to many in the yard"

Great Pics and Welcome

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Welcome Hobbyman from Cape Cod, MA. Looks like you are doing a great job rebuilding her. She looks like she'll be on the road soon. Saw your location and know it pretty well. Stationed in Houma from 95-98 with the USCG. Great food but too hot for me. Good luck on the truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks