• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New project-M59

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After work i'll email Maccus the pics and see if he can figure out how to pull them out and post them. My computer (or my skills) isn't letting me resize them.:oops:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man that truck brings back some memories! My kids still ask me what ever happened to the yellow dump truck that once enhanced my land! For those who don't know or remember that truck started it's journey up here in sunny Minnesota :)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, and the funny thing is by this time next year it will be about 2 hours from you in western WI.aua

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks 11Echo for the help with pics. Good thing I have a replacement 57 Utica Bend gasser cab coming from ND (maccus), that one is toast.[thumbzup]

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I had 11 days to work on the trucks. We got the M35A2C fully loaded-Two engines and several hundred pounds of NOS parts and cleaned out the big tools from the garage. Installed the front clip, new radiator, gas tank and removed about half the bubba welds on the M59. The M48 now has a complete new (used) rust free gasser sheetmetal all bolted on. All I am missing is the fuel tank and a radiator. The complete pictures didn't turn out well since the disposable camera didn't have a flash, but you get the idea. Did I mention we had snow and it was cold outside?

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, It origionally came from around Minneapolis MN. It went all the way to south Florida. Now it's parked in WI about 2 hours from it's origional location along with the M48. It now has all the extra parts bolted back on and is now "complete" and has new tires too. Hopefully it can make it out the rest of the way out either this fall or next spring. New gasser cab is standing by. I even found a complete rust free bed for it, so I may go that route just because it'll be alot easier.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guess I may as well post updated M59 pictures too; it may be going to jeffhuey1n here in Cheyenne.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the dump is sold and going to JeffHuey1N here in Cheyenne and the M48 is hitching a ride on the lowboy and both will be here next month!:driver:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That M59 is well traveled for not being road worthy.
Well the M59 should be getting on I-90 in a few minutes headed to WY by tomorrow. Kenny, I did a quick map quest check-This M59 will have over 4,500 trailered miles on it since you bought it out of MN!:driver:

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't remember posting anything on the dump truck. So I'll start anew. Got the truck some time ago. Finally got the list weeded down to the point I can work on it. Today was day one on trying to get it started. It was converted to 12 volt some time in the past. I grabbed a battery from the 1009 and put it up on the LH gender 'cause that's where the battery cables are. Cleaned out the temporary gas tank and added fresh gas. Turned the battery switch on and she cranked. Doesn't seem to be getting any spark. I cleaned the contacts in the distributed cap and rotor. Didn't help so I pulled the #1 plug. Ick. No spark 'cause the plugs are fouled. Since I have a couple hundred spark plugs (long story), I went through all of them tying to find replacements. No luck, so off to the parts store tomorrow. Ran out of light so more to come.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool, is this the continental 6602 GAS motor? I have one in the M62 wrecker. Took 3 weeks to get started :)
No 331 gasser, Flip the switch where the 3 lever light switch normally is-and it will start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks