• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New project-M59

M215

Shorty dump trucks

Hey Kenny,
Great little dump truck you have, your new M59 and our M215 share the same dump bed and mechanism. These trucks are a lot shorter than the M342 dumpers. When I was looking for an ultra rare tail gate for our truck, I actually found two NOS tail gates! I only purchased one, let me know if you need the other, I'll pass you the info.

Hope you keep it a gasser.
Karl

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Matt, you have a gasser? Karl, I'm very interested in the tailgate but with me shipping this thing, don't know if I can afford it.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here you go Eric. It's in Blaine MN 55014. Depending on the rates I get I may ship it to metro Cincinnati 45002, metro Atlanta 30680, Live Oak FL 32064 or Clermont FL 34711. Ultimately its going to Loxahatchee FL 33470. I wasn't going to actively search for shipping until after the new year. Gotta save some bucks first. All these areas have members that would help out and store the truck. What a great community of folks here at Steel Soldiers.
Ok, Nobody tell Kenny but what we will do is get different members to move the truck all over the country and take pics of the truck in front of different historic places and such then post them here. He will never know where it will end up next.rofl

I can see it now. One pic in front of the US Capital. The next at Mount Rushmore. Then maybe the Grand Canyon. Of course we will get it to him eventually.:-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be funny. Maybe the first pic should be in front of the world famous ODI complex in sunny Boca Raton FL.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the first time I've really reached out for this much help. I've never bought a truck that I didn't fetch. I'm overwhelmed at the help I'm getting. Just wanna say thanks to everyone who helped, will help, is helping or is just pulling for me. I'm one lucky SOB these days. Not many average poorhouse Joe's have a deuce cargo, deuce wrecker and deuce tipper. The gasser thing is still conflicting with me but I keep picturing me and Jonathan going to a rally without headsets on. Warming up to it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JW, I was going to ask you for operating instructions. LOL. Of course you can drive it, wanna drive it to FL? Yeah, it's cute alright, about the capacity of a contractors dump on a K30 chassis. I'll enjoy it though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after some considerable thought, I was on the path of selling the M59. The economy, kids health issues and a few other things had me right at that point. Today I got a call from Captain (Alredneck) who offered me quite a deal on moving the M59 from MN to my AO here in the swamp. The deal seems to have worked out an Captain will be fetching it at his leisure. Oddly I just got yet another multifuel powerpack in a labor swap. Still in the truck with all accessories. Now I'm not suggesting anything but the wheels are turning. Even if I do put this multifuel in the tipper, I still have a 3 can multifuel reserve. Engine crazy in Loxahatcee!

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mean it might be leaving? :cry: It is such a great conversation piece! When people come to look at my deuces I'm selling they can't believe that someone in Florida would buy a truck from northern Minnesota! It's a great story about someone with a love for MV's and I can't wait to see it refurbished. I will be sad to see it go, that's for sure.

Attachments

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"a turd in a china shop" :-D That would make a good signature!

Looks like I just won a couple tan ones so it will blend in a little better!

JDToumanian

I know it should remain a gasser but I can't hold back the urge to repower.
If I thought that engine were original to the truck, I would be your guilty conscience urging you to keep it a gasser... But it doesn't look quite like the gasser in my pole-setter, mine has big acorn nuts on the valve covers, has a military distributor, different carb., double belts, and does not have a "Gold Comet" plate on the side... I think that's a civi engine that's been swapped in...

Jon

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure it is a civy engine. Its all 12V. Truck has no wiring harness that I can find. I have no giulty conscience as I'm the one who paid for the truck. LOL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update! I was contacted by Alredneck last night and the move is on. She should be here in the sunshine by mid month.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sunshine will probably melt the snow we got last night :smile: Let me know when you need it ready to go. Just in case you forgot what it looked like...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Scott. Captain is thinking around the 10th. I'm supposed to talk to him today so I'll have a better idea. Let me know what I owe you for keeping it. I'm trying to see if I have enough dimes to buy some tires from you before he comes but I dunno if I'll be able to plus I don't know if the extra 1700# will hurt him.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, what's the latest on the delivery? The only big thing I think I still have not located is a radiator, so when you go multi keep me in mind!;-)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waiting on Captain. He was to head up a few days back but I know he had some things to work out at his AO. I'd love to hook you up with the radiator out of the M59 but it sure looks like it's non original, like out of a camaro or something. Hopefully the one Matt has will suffice for you! Just don't forget me on the spare tire mount and tooling box! Looks like even the crossmembers were chopped on the 59..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks