• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New project-M59

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update, it looks like Captain will be headed north in a few short days to pick up the M59 and truck it down here into the blistering oxygen sucking unforgiving ultra high humidity heat! I need to have a few days to cover it up with palm frons before the wife gets home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's rolling! Captain has it loaded up on his gooseneck and trucking south. I don't think he has planned any sleep until he gets here so sometime late tomorrow? Don't know if any pics were taken but if I'm home when he gets here, I'll take some!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The old M59 has finally found a resting place in the back yard. Captain delivered it yesterday @ 0300. I didn't take any unloading pics as I was busy unloading a truck. Thanks Captain!

mangus580

The old M59 has finally found a resting place in the back yard. Captain delivered it yesterday @ 0300. I didn't take any unloading pics as I was busy unloading a truck. Thanks Captain!
And he cant take any 'resting pics' as he is busy covering it with branches and such so his wife doesnt see it!

rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe not too long eh Captain? Ole blue has just the hard parts I need for ole yeller. Pity that blue doesn't have a data plate. Guess it will live on keeping yeller alive. Larry, thanks for those pics, I'm really stoked to find those parts. Hey Look, a hard top! Anyone need it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just parts needed. I'd love to keep the blue one but the bed is toast and the data plate is long gone. That kills it for me. I want to get that one running though. It has a very complete and unmolested looking gasser engine bay.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a question: Are the M59 and M342 beds the same width? The M47 is more narrow-correct?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the wife wrote the check and it's sitting in the mailbox with the red flag up waiting for the mailman. A big thanks to Kenny for selling his M59 (or maybe the thanks go to his wife:roll:) either way, now i'm trying to get it from south Florida to Rockmart, GA if anyone is going that way.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your new purchase. I'll be transferring all of my junk out of the back and putting in all of the blue parts for you. It will be moving to Devilman96's place for the duration of it's stay in S Fla. The purchase of both M59s with transportation was a costly lesson for me but at least it's going to a place where it can be saved from the multifuel conversion. In the event it is going to be flat towed, let me know so I can scrape up enough tires to get you there. Some are fair, some are junk and a few are worse. LOL.

area52

What!! You sold the M59 Kenny?

Yea, I know the money pinch feeling, I gotta sell my deuce to fund the other projects.

Good luck with the new truck hndrsonj.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the M1008 kinda put me over the alotted number of trucks in the yard. Rather that sleep in the trucks, I chose to give this one a new home. I can't imaging what kind of flak I would have gotten for putting a multi in her!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Jim.....keep me on the loop on transportaion...I have a maint tent frame in Fla that needs to be picked up...it will be enroute from down there to your place...can kick in for fuel.
I also have a M105 that needs to go to the same place the tent frame is.

dc3coyote

Let me know when you are going down there, I get home on the 10th. I need to bring Kenny his money for the 880, and a trailer to get it home on. Unless there is room in the bed for it. If the multi conversion was done I would give you JP8 for the trip.

Richard I will be heading North for Thanksgiving, or maybe sooner if my uncle is not better soon. I may be able to haul your trailer and tent north for you.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Richard, where does the trailer need to go? Don't you have a dually with a gooseneck? I'll pay gas both ways if you want to go get it.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks