• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New project-M59

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it looks like the M59 will be in GA soon. The driver is going to pick up at Kenny's tomorrow afternoon with the scheduled delivery no later that saturday morning.:driver:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the M59 was picked up in Loxahatchee and is currently sitting in Ocala FL on the truck. It will be dropped in GA tomorrow. I have all new gasser sheetmetal standing by with the exception of fenders (have multi ones till I find gassers).[thumbzup] Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crappy Cell pics. Tony, I know you are unloading it. There is a sheetmetal cover where the light switch once was. The top is a push pull switch. Pull out to turn on power and the bottom one is the push button for the starter. No BRAKES and it has no cooling system. Running it a few minutes or so is no problem and I've driven it across the yard many times. Call me if you have ????

Attachments

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope still enroute. He lost an alternator in FL. Hopefully arrives soon. Should be here in a few days. Will post pics ASAP.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M59 should be here tonight and it is raining like it was coming out of a bucket the driver called around 1600hr he was 75 miles south of Macon Ga. so I am thinging 2100hr before he gets here .
AEC Retired Tony

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M59 should be here tonight and it is raining like it was coming out of a bucket the driver called around 1600hr he was 75 miles south of Macon Ga. so I am thinging 2100hr before he gets here .
AEC Retired Tony

Try to keep your camera dry! We want pics of it unloading!:jumpin:

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got home could not get it started pulled it off the trailer with pick up will get it started in the morning or will move it with the tow bar.
AEC Retired Tony

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sucker will start, I assure you! Post pics. Quite a rig that guy has. Price is good. If the battery is low, you can jump it with anything, it's 12V.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, either the battery needs a charge or there was a loose connection to it. They had pretty bad weather this morning so they just pulled it into the yard with the towbar. I have pics from the delivery if I could ever open my email.:rolleyes:

joeM62

Well we did try and jump it off but nothing and starter fluid didn't work, cold weather is bad on a gasser. used my pickup to pull it off, murphy must a have been lorking around.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked those guys rig set up 16 ton winch on the trailor nice.
Yep and for $1.22 a mile.:) Kenny, I am 98.5% sure it is a connection, but it doesn't matter. The engine will be coming out in Sept for an origional 24V gasser MV engine (no multi's). The new sheetmetal will be picked up in June:mrgreen:.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW, the gasser you got from Gimpy was one of mine out of the blue M59. Lots of blue parts in the bed of ole yeller! The engine in the truck could most likely be reworked to military standards. At least it can be heard running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks