• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New project!!! M818 crew cab

BIGNICK

HI !!

IM NEW TO THE BOARD!!!

Im building a crew cab, 8' bed, bobbed 5 ton. I have already got the big tires, and am putting together the truck over the next few months in my spare time. I'm putting a locker in the rear and am looking for an air locker for the front. I will be posting pics as the project goes on.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi! Welcome to the site.
I just got an m818 and I love it already. Are you planning to keep the tool box and spare tire mount? I'm looking for a tool box if you won't be needing yours.

Make sure you post pictures! We love projects! Some guys don't like stock trucks getting modified, but it's yours, so don't be discouraged if they say something.

Again, Welcome and can't wait to see it done!

BIGNICK

Thanks for the welcome men!!!!!

I'll post pics for sure! I have already stripped the back frame of the truck and plan on cutting the cab this week and making it a crew cab. If I can with out to much trouble, Im going to powder coat the cab and spray a bed liner in the floor and walls.

BIGNICK

Thanks! I put a block heater in this weekend, and installed a modern fuel filter with new fuel lines! She runs great!!!! Working on the cab this week

BIGNICK

ITS easy !!!! drain anti-freeze into bucket,(can be reused if good) and then on passanger side of engine block, remove plate just blow the head. this plate has 6 bolts. there might be little anti- freeze left in this area, clean off any gasket material left in the engine block, spray down with carb cleaner and install block heater with a new gasket or use a good liquid gasket maker, install bolts and refill anti-freeze AFTER GASKET MAKER IS DRY!! Check for leaks !!! plug in heater and your good to go in about 2-3 hours. P.S. plug your block heater in before you install it to make sure it works. It should only take 10-30 seconds before it gets really hot. I'll post some pics Tuesday truck starts right up with out any real cranking. I also installed the new style fuel filter system to which really helped!

tm america

what bed are you planning on running?i think a cut down m35 bed would be nice with the troop seats.i think it would have been cooler as a tractor then you could have had it all pull the expandible when camping and drop it take the truck and eveyone out playing:roll:

StoneMill

Do you need a bed? I have a bed off of my deuce in decent shape for $200.
Can't wait to see your truck. Please post pics ASAP. My next big truck is going to be a 5 ton. Hopefully an 818.

davidkroberts

i just finished my m715 in Raptor Bedliner in the bed and interior (Black factory tint) and tintable Raptor ( i used flat OD) on the outside. It came out great and is very cost effective. I like the idea of where your going. It takes very little paint to tint the Raptor and it covers very well but be careful with the paint amount so the paint matches.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks