• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Purchase Globe 10 ton trailer

Norinco666

Recently found a few of these for sale locally they all appear to be unused. Does anyone have information on these or procedures i should know before i attempt to move it? I will be going to retrieve it in a m925

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the brakes are caged and might just be so they can move it around there yard. Myself I might remove the caging bolts and see if the parking brakes will hold air and release using the truck. If one or the other is leaking just put the caging bolt back in. Nice trailer and nice score.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a safety thing if you were to have a load or even empty and the trailer broke loose the Parking brakes would come on and hopefully stop the trailer before it did something bad. Your just going to pick it up and get it home and figure out if all is good on the trailer. As said myself I would check to see it they can be uncaged but yes you should not have any problem with towing it home. The service brakes should still work even with the cans caged. Now if a DOT officer is in a bad mood then he could lock you down till the repairs are made if they do not hold air. Just my .02

Last edited:

Norinco666

It is a safety thing if you were to have a load or even empty and the trailer broke loose the Parking brakes would come on and hopefully stop the trailer before it did something bad. Your just going to pick it up and get it home and figure out if all is good one the trailer. As said myself I would check to see it they can be uncaged but yes you should not have any problem with towing it home. The service brakes will still work. Now if a DOT officer is in a bad mood then he could lock you down till the repairs are made. Just my .02
Thanks im not going very far maybe 60 miles on all county roads

MAdams

I wouldn't tow it without uncaging the brakes. It will push your truck around more than you think. Bring a 3/4" wrench, hook the air lines up to your truck, wait 10 min while the engine running and then remote the bolts. It only takes a few minutes. One note, the air tanks on that trailer are huge and it will take your truck a long time to fill them.

DeMilitarized

I wouldn't tow it without uncaging the brakes. It will push your truck around more than you think. Bring a 3/4" wrench, hook the air lines up to your truck, wait 10 min while the engine running and then remote the bolts. It only takes a few minutes. One note, the air tanks on that trailer are huge and it will take your truck a long time to fill them.

I can confirm this with our m923a0 it takes forever to air up the brakes from an idle so may need to bump the rpms to get good air pressure. I would also recommend removing the caging bolts before moving the trailer due to the trailer weighing almost 12k lbs. The truck will pull it but not fast. On highway with 9k on the trailer as well uphill we would slow down to almost 30-40 mph. We are also running dual g177s so just don't expect to go anywhere quickly.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can confirm this with our m923a0 it takes forever to air up the brakes from an idle so may need to bump the rpms to get good air pressure. I would also recommend removing the caging bolts before moving the trailer due to the trailer weighing almost 12k lbs. The truck will pull it but not fast. On highway with 9k on the trailer as well uphill we would slow down to almost 30-40 mph. We are also running dual g177s so just don't expect to go anywhere quickly.
Because your 5 ton only has the small amount in the wet tank to supply air to the trailer to air its tank up which is a 12gallon. Your small 4gal wet tank still has to keep your truck aird up. Only the wet tank supplies the emergency gladhands. None of the others. But like the 915 will release the brakes on it quickly cause its tractor supply and rear glandhands get air from 3 tanks

The 5tons are slow to air a tire cause of the limited wet tank air

Your ss96 compressor on both the 923 and 915 are 11cfm. Not very much air so it takes a minute

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take a little air line and a few fittings, couplings, in case they are leakiing and have an easy fix. Note that even caged, the brakes may still be tight and rusted. There is a bolt adjustment that you may need to back off even with them caged. Take 1/2" drive.

Would make great candidate for gooseneck trailer.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have no idea what you paid but it sure looks like a dandy of a trailer! With the empty weight of the trailer at 12K I would sure give the brakes a good looking at and testing it wont take long to un-cage them and IF you needed them you would sure be glad you took the time! Beautiful trailer and it loos like it almost never been used!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Folks. The brakes still work even if they are caged. Service brakes still work. Spring brakes are for parking. Which is why they are caged now for ease of movement.

The trailer has abs so what you really want to make sure is that the truck plug is there. With no weight they do skid easy. I know. I've rolled one over.....twice

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Member here in FL had his for 6500 and he can't find a buyer. New in California they are 1800. So yeah. You paid too much considering 4k at auction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks