• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Purchase, M35A1

defbob

I am buying new Medium Duty Truck tires with aggressive tread. I want the siping in the tread so I can drive in the rain and snow with no issues.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab262/defbob/M35A2/IMG_20110414_094150.jpg

Go with 11.00R20 tires. They're easier to find, generally speaking, since the 5 ton trucks used them and the extra height will increase your top speed a bit.

I improved my dash lighting by carving out slots in the red plastic with my Dremel. Worked like a charm!

waayfast

Welcome from Salmon River Country!

Nice truck ,you will find lots of info here to help you.
BUT I got a question: I'm guessing you got some Goodyear custom Ultra-grip Hi -milers there by the way the tread looks --okay WHERE did you find them? Any more to be had?

I have that tire on my gasser and like them--good performance for what we do here.

Jim

defbob

The tires pictured are a brand I had never heard of before actually seeing the tires. They were the cheapest aggressive tires I could get. I am going to spend the year getting ready for next winter (to have fun :twisted:)

Donald Poppell

Welcome from Middle Tennessee...

Nice looking truck and congrats.

I too would be interested in the brand name of the tires you are getting. I like to keep close to original look with better traction in the rain myself.

Thanks

defbob

took my friend Shawn out for a ride in the Deuce

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKhY2syNXjE&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

paulfarber

Sounds like a downshift at the start of the video.

You may want to reconsider doing that anymore.. esp if you are going with taller tires. Overspeeding the engine is not healthy.... unless a jake brake or exhaust brake is installed all you are doing it spinning the motor really fast under no load with little braking effect.

It doesn't like that much.

goldwing2000

Banned

defbob

I didn't down shift, when I saw my friend with the camera I played with the throttle.

Sounds like a downshift at the start of the video.

You may want to reconsider doing that anymore.. esp if you are going with taller tires. Overspeeding the engine is not healthy.... unless a jake brake or exhaust brake is installed all you are doing it spinning the motor really fast under no load with little braking effect.

It doesn't like that much.

defbob

I got pulled over this morning on my way to work. The cop wanted to look at the truck. He did suggest I move my plate from the pass mud flap to the driver's side. So when I got home I made a license plate bracket and mounted a napa license plate light and ordered (5) 1251 bulbs (spares). Now the license plate is on the driver's side and very visible.

defbob

I am nicknaming my truck "Lucky Charm". I just got requested to have my truck in a movie and the roll of driving it. The executive producer for a movie being filmed here in CT saw my truck and wants it for the zombie movie being filmed!! I have only owned this truck for 2 weeks. I love this truck!!

JFMickey_D

You know, I'm pretty much a small vehicle man. I love my little 55 CJ-5. But seeing you rumble around in the woods with that behemoth stirs things in me that are frankly embarrassing. ;)

I think I'm going to have to start checking into auctions soon...

defbob

I just picked up a Cummins 6BT out of a '93 Dodge W250 to replace the LD465 in my truck. I missed out on an SAE #3 housing on ebay, but I will be looking for one.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks