• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New question on Mutt repairing

Bucolic

Rear repair panel 3.jpgRear repair panel 2.jpgRear repair panel.jpg

Does anyone have the pattern for the rear panel that goes from taillight to taillight. The pintle bolts through it and I'm hoping these pictures better explain what I need. There's a guy on ebay selling these but I think I could make one if I could get the pattern. Failing that, anyone know where else I can find one or should I just bite the bullet and try to buy this guy's panel? AND, last but not least, is this repair panel for an A-1 or an A-2? I don't think my jeep has that raised center section, assuming that's the bottom.

Last edited:

nattieleather

That panel was part of a bigger kit called the frame reinforcement kit (or something like that). Basically it was a bunch a shaped c channel for lack of better description that covered your frame pieces and welded in to reinforce the frame on ageing M151s. The kit was designed for the A2 since in theory that is all the Army had in inventory was A2s. But I used one on an A1 with out any problems. That rear panel goes between the tail lights. The holes are for the bumpers and the hitch. The kits were coveted when they hit the surplus market in the 90's. Now their are just parts here and there like you show above.

m38inmaine

Part of the "Underbody corrosion repair kit", I have installed a few of the kits and they are nice. Tough to find now, there is a vendor here selling M151 sheet metal, he may have or can make them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks