• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New radiator

REDWOLF

Installed a new radiator in my m1009 about almost two weeks ago. Topped it off and filed up the over flow tank to the line. Checked it Saturday and the over flow tank was empty, radiator was full. So I fill the over flow tank to the line again just figured it had a bubble sense I charged both hoses when I did the new radiator and the old one was leaking badly. Checked it tonight and the over flow was empty again, so I filed it again. Never had a problem before the old radiator went bad with it losing antifreeze. ? Maybe still getting the air out. I drive her every day to work except Sunday.

the skull

I did my radiator last week, I filled mine up the second time. I haven't driven it
much, I did a block heater too. I've got 5 gallons in it so far. I think that's why
they say to wait 4 or 5 cycles to start using the block heater, because of air pockets.
Double check your hose clamps, old or new, I had an old one leaking right away
as soon as the system got pressure.

Jack Lope

How many gallons are in the old radiator? I'm changing hoses this weekend and would like to re-use my coolant. I just want to make sure I have a bucket big enough to catch it all.

tourus

if the radiator is still full when you keep checking .. how about maybe a hole in the tank might have been a soft spot then move around while putting the rad. in no a hole happen to me kept losing coolant but then realized a long thin crack in the tank. bought a new tank never lose any more. new tank at dealer like 20 bucks . tell them for a one ton van that will be the correct one. just my 2 cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks