• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW RIDE! M1028..Questions...

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi Guys,

Im new to this board...Glade I stumbled accross it!.Great Find!.

I just bought a M1028 3 weeks ago from the navy at auction.

*Looks like it just rolled out of the warehouse.*

Almost perfect shape with only 5K miles on it. Really! with OD statement. Talked to surplus people.

Problem is, the Gi's snatched the jack assembly and spare time.

I would like to find a Like new Tire and rim. (Nos) almost.

Also a Jack...etc...Anyone going to Aberdeen Meet in MD.?May12-14.

*Question: anyone got a parts manual for this truck?*

Im having trouble with my "wait light" glow plugs relay.

The Navy guys must have had the same problem and wired in a start push button.

I turn the ign. on and push the button, and the wait light comes on, when it goes off i crank the engine and it starts, release the button. Runs great.

I would like to have it start the correct way.

I replaced the circute board with a working board from a friends truck and nothing. same.

The relay works fine. I guess I should replace the Glow Plug Temp sensor. I bought one, but its a 2 prong unit, I think I need a single prong unit. Chevy dealer shows the 2prong only.

What else should I be looking at?...

Guess Age catches up with these trucks...

Thanks For your help!

Kevin..

ps. For those wanting to know, I paid 7K + fees. for the truck.

Guess I wanted it worse than the other guy.

I have been watching these trucks, and wanted a low mileage like new unit.

this is as close as I could get..They wont be getting cheaper...

Prerunner1982

clean truck you found there.. i have a parts manual for sale. BUT at the moment it is packed in storage as i am in the process of moving.... will check back in with you when moving is done (couple months).

85-m1028

that is one clean truck, don't think you'll actualy be off roading with it ?? I have had similar probs with my glow plug system so I just replaced mine with newr style civy 12v setup because I am converting to 12v, *see glow plug update but I think you'd be better off puttin this one up for a museum piece!! :p got to admit I'm kina envious!! very nice find, I got mine for about $1800 but I figure I'll have about $7000 in mine getting it trail worthy [thumbzup]

Armada

Holy Crap [thumbzup] Clean, Green, Haul'in Machine :hop: !!!! Great score :yeah: Hope it didn't break the bank. Sounds like you're on the right track as far as repair. Keep searching, the part is out there. On a truck like that, keep it GI if you can. The starting systems on them are great even in cold weather, if its dialed in right. Good luck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very Nice! I have a civilian jack from a K-30. I'm certian the jack is the same but not sure if the decals were the same. Also have the crank for it. If you're interested, let me know and I'll bring it to MD. Send me a PM, I don't make it to the CUCV forum on a regular basis.
Kenny

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin,

That's a very rare truck. It is one of a very few M1028's that were built with the 200 amp charging system of the M1010. Could you post a pic of the manufacturer plate on the driver's door pillar? I recently sold my M1028A3 that was also equipped with the 200 amp system. Aside from the charging system issues (which can be solved by switching 2 wires on the DUVAC box on the inside of the driver's fender), mine never gave me any serious problems.

Will you be bringing it to the Aberdeen show? I'd love to take a look at it.

Neil

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hi Neil,

Thanks!, I knew it was a rare truck, but i did not how many were made..last time I was told by a couple people that only 27 were made...???....I cant confirm this or know how to..I will take some pics of the data tags and post them. You had a neat dullie!, I would have loved to seen it!..I will be at aberdeen on friday. My wife made plans with my truck (f350) for the horse show on saturday. I will have my M38A1 and the m1028 on a trailer. Look me up!, I would love to chat....Also I would love to find out if the 2 wires have been switched for the charging system...

thanks again...

Kevin...

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
THANKS GUYS!,
Kenny! Nice meeting you and your son at Aberdeen!. Thanks again for the JAck and handle!

I will stay in touch...

Mike, Thanks for the info on the manuals!...

I will check it out!...

Cevon...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks