• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Ride

Avn-Tech

Here is my new military ride!

we are currently working on restoring her to fly again. So far we have been through the electrical, fuel, hydraulics and starting systems.

we are currently working on the flight controls and then brake systems. After that will come taxi test and high power engine runs.

we have two major problems to tackle before we can fly her. The first is the vertical stab needs repair, and a ten year requirement for NDi of the wing spars.

you can follow the restoration on Facebook at Canberra USA.
058AB322-FC50-44D5-8F18-8AED4131CD69.jpeg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uhmmmmm, are looking to put bigger tires on it? Maybe a little more speed? Do you need insurance?

ROFLMBO!!

THAT IS AMAZING!! Congratulations!! AWESOME!

Avn-Tech

It’s only $20K to fill the fuel tanks (that was before gas started going up). But the plane is capable of flying London to New York unrefueld.

so if I save all my money for a year, I may be able to fill the tanks once! So far the plane has cost about $20K (maintenance, purchase and storage). Current estimates to flying are another $40-$60K. I am still trying to figure out how to get the rest of the funds to complete the project.

once it is flying, I will be donating it to a nonprofit aviation museum to operate. I am currently working on starting the nonprofit (Canberra USA).

SgtMajHarper

It’s only $20K to fill the fuel tanks (that was before gas started going up). But the plane is capable of flying London to New York unrefueld.

so if I save all my money for a year, I may be able to fill the tanks once! So far the plane has cost about $20K (maintenance, purchase and storage). Current estimates to flying are another $40-$60K. I am still trying to figure out how to get the rest of the funds to complete the project.

once it is flying, I will be donating it to a nonprofit aviation museum to operate. I am currently working on starting the nonprofit (Canberra USA).
Impressive seems such an inadequate word for this endeavor, but I'm illiterate in several languages.......FYI, in Colo. Sprgs, CO there is some kinda aviation group that rebuilds, maintains and flies old war birds plus a museum.......maybe this could be a nice home to consider? Lotsa luck on your project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks