• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Ride

tgreening

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a drain plug back there on the bottom of the bell housing on a cover plate. It also has a threaded hole to store the drain plug when removed. Is that plug hole open?
As soon as Mother Nature dries up a bit I’ll roll out there and check. If this is open, what’s getting drained?

Ronmar

As soon as Mother Nature dries up a bit I’ll roll out there and check. If this is open, what’s getting drained?
Hopefully nothing is getting drained, The engine bell housing shouldn't have anything in it. You put the plug in the hole if you expect to go into water. The housing itself is not particularly easy to keep sealed, so they made it easy to drain/leave open with a handy place to store the plug…

tgreening

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully nothing is getting drained, The engine bell housing shouldn't have anything in it. You put the plug in the hole if you expect to go into water. The housing itself is not particularly easy to keep sealed, so they made it easy to drain/leave open with a handy place to store the plug…
I know top edge of oil pan is oily, both sides of engine. But I just can’t quite see where it’s actually leaking.

coachgeo

I know top edge of oil pan is oily, both sides of engine. But I just can’t quite see where it’s actually leaking.
Time to use a UV oil leak detector. This is the autozone loaner version. You loan it out at full price but they give back most of it when you return it. You have to buy the dye for around 10 bucks. Oriely's likely as similar. Not sure but would expect you have to clean the shiat out of your engine first.

tgreening

Steel Soldiers Supporter

coachgeo

I bought 2 gal of Super Clean tonight. :)
Maybe do the cleaning in batch areas with other stuff covered. Stop.... check all your electronics including esp trans shifting... cover that part and move to another area, stop check all the electronics.... Wash, Rinse, Repeat (literally lol) .... aka... while your spraying water on it anyway.... this might can help lead you to potential problematic cracks in wire sheath that water may give you headaches from water crossings etc...... might givee you a leg up in that game.

tgreening

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe do the cleaning in batch areas with other stuff covered. Stop.... check all your electronics including esp trans shifting... cover that part and move to another area, stop check all the electronics.... Wash, Rinse, Repeat (literally lol) .... aka... while your spraying water on it anyway.... this might can help lead you to potential problematic cracks in wire sheath that water may give you headaches from water crossings etc...... might givee you a leg up in that game.

I'm going to try to avoid too much water right now. Plan is to soak it down with the super clean, and use a garden sprayer to rinse. I figure a bit better control on where the water goes and how much goes there.

I know that transmission harness can be problematic (it cost me a truck deal) and I have a plan for that too, just need to source a complete harness that I can muck with, without breaking the bank to get it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks