• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Rubber Stuart Tank Track Pads

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
My new rubber track pads arrived today from Starpoint Extrusions in Ohio. Greg did an outstanding job! Boy they look real nice! I got kind of excited and started linking them all together just after I unloaded them off the truck. In 1 hr 45 mins I had all of the connectors installed. (My back does hurt a little!!!) Tomorrow I will install all of the wedge bolts. If I still have some energy left I will install the new tracks!!!
Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

waayfast

Looks like the Starpoint crew did a fantastic job! Nice to know we have a company like this helping the hobby with this hard (impossible) to find service!

AND by a company from the same neighborhood as B.F. Goodrich, one of the MAJOR suppliers of rubber products for the war effort! AND just down the road from where Stuarts and Cletracs where built! Too cool!

Thanks, Greg, Paul and the rest of you folks!

Jim

teletech

So are these pads something they had in stock, something they had made in the past and run batches, or something they cooked-up just for you?

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
This is the first set of Stuart track pads Starpoint has produced. The rubber is new and all the metal parts are used.
Steve

Last edited:

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
66 more wedge bolts installed toady and 1 track is all assembled! Only 132 more to go. ( I just have to connect the 3 sections of 22 pads and roll the tank on them.) My back is sore again!!!
Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stuart Tank Tracks

Hello,
This afternoon I removed 1 track. Boy was that fun!!! Of course the new tracks are siting in front of my DUKW which I am driving to a show tomorrow morning. So I had to do a bit of track rolling.
Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stuart Tracks...All Done!!!

Hello,
Today I just finished adjusting the tracks. I rolled the tank out of my shop and turned it around in my driveway!!! That was fun!!! I really do not have place to drive the tank at my shop. I will be going to Tank Fest in Everett, WA. on 30 May. I will be running around up there. Starpoint Extrusions did the sandblasting and priming on my track pads. Greg did a great job molding the rubber pads and the price was very reasonable. $30 a pad!

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So basically you send them the pins and back comes a block for $30 ea? Who does the denuding of what is left of the old rubber on the pins? That price is amazing.

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,
If you have old rubber track you will have to remove the old rubber. I use steel tracks. I just torched the bolts that hold the steel pads on. The links and pins will need to be sandblasted before you send them to Starpoint. I think Greg may have someone that can do the sandblasting but that will be extra. You will have to talk to Greg about that.
Steve

Steve Greenberg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stuart Rubber Track Pads

Hello,
I took my Stuart to "Tank Fest" in Everett, Wa. on Memorial Day. I ran the tank on concrete and gravel doing lots of turns. The new track pads show virtually no sign of wear. There are a few small cuts in a couple of the pads from the gravel but that is normal wear and to be expected. Greg pat yourself on the back on a job well done!
Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks