• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New SE Michigan 5 Ton Owner, M54A2 W/W

pcblakeley

Well, I have made a few posts here about my recent Green Iron purchase....and I am not afraid to admit that I am addicted. I bought my 1966 M54A2 off a guy from Craigslist and I couldn't be happier....well I might be if the truck was a Cummins or if I found a brick of gold in the glovebox...

I just got back from the gas station filling the truck up for the first time and actually driving the truck for the first time.....It was a blast

The truck needs some work, it will hopefully be getting some new paint one day.

I need to address a charging issue and bleed the brakes to get a really firm pedal....and some things here and there.....like a seat back for the driver seat.

So, hopefully I will get to know some other green iron owners in the area to hook up with for meets and greets or gear turning.....one of these wheels is hard enough to carry by yourself...I can't imagine not having a battle buddy for dissasembly.

Attachments

ODdave

well congrats on the truck, im not to far from ya (lansing) so mabye some day we could meet. i plan on being at the general jims meet this summer. might i suggest checking out the MVPA of michigan too.

Shop Rat Fab

Good to see another newbie, from SE Michigan, on this site and in the military vehicle world. I have been around militray vehicles and restorations for over 25 years but have only owned a few of my own including a prototype aluminum bodied M151 (yes no BS I had one). My latest vehicle is an 85 M1009 that I will be using for everyday transportation.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That truck looks really solid and clean. Some prep and a good paint job will really make it look spectacular.

You know those d-rings (lift shackles) on the front bumper are actually rears?

Preacherboy

Welcome, another new guy from Michigan. I am kicking around the idea of having a military rally/show or whatever you want to call it at my church latter in the summer, or maybe early fall. Lunch would be on us! Give me some feedback if there is any interest at all.

paradeduty

Welcome fellow Michigander!!

Looks like we share similar tastes in iron - not that anything OD wouldn't pretty much satisfy the urge!

Yep, the guys are right, little bit of prep and paint and you're all set.

Dave

vtdeucedriver

So what was the price on that girl????? Been crazy whats expected of them on EPAY. Just would like to know what "Reality" is these days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks