• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New seat install in the deuce!!

weld88

Whhheewww, finally got the new seats in the deuce!! Seats are from a 02 dodge Durango rear seat these fit in nicely. I had to fab up some custom seat risers for the correct height and angle of seats. Next on the list is dynamat and carper the inside for a quite ride lol..

If anyone else is considering doing a seat swap in there deuce there are a few obstacles to watch for.
1. Master cylinder door clearence.
2. Shifter clearence
3. Hi/low shifter clearence.
4. Seat bolt pattern
5. Keep in mind new seats may push you closer ro steering wheel.

Basically measure and then measure again and then....measure again lol...

20140104_204044.jpg20140104_204028.jpg20140104_203344.jpg

Attachments

welldigger

Looks good. Reminds me I need to get my hmmwv seats installed in my deuce.

It can be tough finding seats that fit in the tiny deuce cab. Outstanding job.

ATPTac

Looks good. How much closer to the steering wheel do they put you compared to the original seat? I really want to put some new seats in our Deuce but I'm 6'5 and am concerned with getting put too close to the steering wheel. I've sat in a truck with a springer seat and it was a little too tight for my taste.

weld88

My seats put me 2 inches closer to the wheel. Now one the you can do is switch steering wheels, put one in from an A3 truck or 813. You can get one off EBay for around 150. The difference is our A2 trucks run a 20" steering wheel and the A3 runs a 18" wheel which makes a big difference, I'm eventually going to put the 18" in mine.

shannondeese

Looks good. Not to hijack your thread but I used a third row seat from a ford Aerostar. It was free from the junkyard. Went in really easy. much more comfortable than stock seats.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks