• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new seat install

mogger7

was think'n about installing a new set of bucket seats in my Humvee just wanted to know from the guys that have done this if you cut out the support that runs behind the seats . the civilian hummer does not have this cross bar as the Humvee. I;m 6'3"and have trouble with legroom. the new bucket seat will not do me any good unless I can move it back
mogger7

fpchief

was think'n about installing a new set of bucket seats in my Humvee just wanted to know from the guys that have done this if you cut out the support that runs behind the seats . the civilian hummer does not have this cross bar as the Humvee. I;m 6'3"and have trouble with legroom. the new bucket seat will not do me any good unless I can move it back
mogger7
Subscribed. I want to make a change to the front seats also. Driving my M998 enough to justify.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dilvoy

I have cut most of the B Cross beam out and reinforced the rear portion that I left with a 1/2" thick piece of aluminum. That little bit of extra space made a big difference. When AMG cut that the cross beam on each side out of the Hummer, they made their rocker panel protection kit a standard item. That panel is attached to the under side of the floor pan and at the front and rear ends of the footwell areas.