• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Seats for the M988

EnteJager

Found 4seats on GL, not sure what they originally were for, took a chance and they worked out better than I could have imagined. The seat flips up to access the storage below and they give whip lash protection for the kids. I made the spacers out of 1" aluminum stock.

While the seats are designed for the 4 point harness I opted to keep the 3 point seat belt set up. While the 4 point would look cool there was no real good anchor point within reach. The 3 point provides better safety.
seat 2.jpgseat 1.jpgseat 4.jpgseat 3.jpg

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RG33 MRAP rear compartment seats I think? remind me of the ones in the rollover trainer we went through while in Kuwait.

EwaMarine

Those are the most badass seats for the back of the HMMWV I've EVER seen!! WOW. I went on their site and they have them......get ready for what the company is charging for them:

EnteJager

seat 6.jpgseat5.jpg

Added the crew seat to the passenger side. Hopefully mount the driver seat on the high back driver seat base in a day or so.

Last edited:

goldneagle

They look similar to the MRAP seats I have for sale on Ebay. They fold like the ones in the picture and have a 5 point seat belt setup. I am attaching pictures of them installed by a customer on his Jeep.

Attachments

rakhav

Found 4seats on GL, not sure what they originally were for, took a chance and they worked out better than I could have imagined. The seat flips up to access the storage below and they give whip lash protection for the kids. I made the spacers out of 1" aluminum stock.

While the seats are designed for the 4 point harness I opted to keep the 3 point seat belt set up. While the 4 point would look cool there was no real good anchor point within reach. The 3 point provides better safety.
View attachment 557219View attachment 557220View attachment 557221View attachment 557222[/QUOTim E]im looking for these seats . where did you get them

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks