• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Seats in a M35

Timberwolf

Will a Split bench or something like that,
buckets and a console out of a late model pickup truck

fit in a M35 cab ?
I can make my own frame. but just wondering if anyone had attemped this already ?
Pics ?

Thanks
A.J.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two spring ride mounts with humvee seats for mine. I just need to install the pax side, hopefully next weekend.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Show off. I am looking to redo and improve the foam in the originals, but your idea does look comfortable. They do make all weather seat covers for some seats these days that might be helpful with cab leaks that others have mentioned. I can't see what would limit you other then the overall width, and possible interference with the transfer case lever. Oh and jealous people laughing at your military tough seats. :lol:

Timberwolf

haha, im not worried about that.
the m35 i am getting has a hard top. so any leaks will be fixed with a welder. lol
i have hip and back problems, so anything i can do to make the 50mph bumpy ass ride fun, its worth it.
i have 2 sets if you want to buy a set instead of refoaming.

and im NOT a purist, so i aint worried about non military on my military truck, it already has a bunch of that.
full hydro steer, converted dump bed, and soon to have a single rear axle. and singles.
cept i think im gonna keep the deuce bed, and just center the rear axle where the 2 rears used to be, and shove 1600's under there to make it look right.
not 100% sure on that yet.

devilman96

Somewhere on this page you can see the seat bases I built...

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?...opic&t=4997&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80

and somewhere on this page you can see the seats being fitted in the truck...

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?...pic&t=4997&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=160

It is a EASY job pending you buy seats that have FLAT tracks... If the tracks are not flat you are in for a lot of extra work!!! Seats are power leather out of a 04 Monte Carlo with heat and side air bag, all but the air bag are being used.

cmech2003

I have the front seats out of a Lincoln, in mine in tan leather, fits well and adjustable, only concern you will have is the transfer case shift lever and the winch lever if you have one, if the base is longer front to back you may see interference.

readyman

A couple of 'air ride' semi-truck black vinyl seats is how we went, looks mil-spec. Welded up a 4 inch riser box that we can stow stuff in. For the purists, 4 bolts and the original seats can be installed. But not if I'M going to drive.

While we were ordering from McMasterCarr I got some rubber diamond plate for mats and 1 inch soundproofing that fits right in the cab support frames.

Don't nobody start nominating us for 'pimp my truck' just yet...

Attachments

M1075

readyman said:
A couple of 'air ride' semi-truck black vinyl seats is how we went, looks mil-spec. Welded up a 4 inch riser box that we can stow stuff in. For the purists, 4 bolts and the original seats can be installed. But not if I'M going to drive.

While we were ordering from McMasterCarr I got some rubber diamond plate for mats and 1 inch soundproofing that fits right in the cab support frames.

Don't nobody start nominating us for 'pimp my truck' just yet...
I like the look with the black seats and mats. Can you provide a stock number for the mats from McMaster and stock/source for the seats? How satisfied are you with the foam on the roof?

Heath_h49008

Necro-treading...

Any updates or additions to the split bench swap options?

I was curious how the auto/truck split benches rode compared to the springer/air ride seats. I would like to retain the 3 person capability, but up the comfort level a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks