• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New seats

Shotgun

Oh the other thing I forgot to ask, with the seats folded, can you still access the battery box and use the bar to hold it up? Thanks Shotgun

shadowdd

My I ask did you use the lower portion of springer seat on the driver's side? And how did you attach it if? And if you don't mind do you have some photos of it. Thanks Shotgun
Yes, the original springer base was used. The two passenger seats have a 1" square tube welded to the bottom rails of the seat and those rails are bolted to the battery box lid with 3/8" grade 8 bolts. The drivers seat has a 2" square tubing welded to the rails of the seat and those are actually welded to the top of the springer seat base. I use the different size square tubing to get the seat all to be the same height in the truck. the OEM belts from the truck are a match for the buckles built into the seat but I did order three new three point shoulder belts along with a should guide that will be installed next. Here are a couple pictures of the square tubing mounts that were made. The prop rod needs to be shortened to be used since the battery box does not open as high as the original. A second prop rod will have to be used since the battery lid is a lot heavier. Let me know if you have any more questions.
M923A2 New Seats 6.jpg Drivers seat base
M923A2 New Seats 4.jpg Passenger seat base
M923A2 New Seats 5.jpg Drivers seat base

Thanks, Bryan

Last edited:

Shotgun

Thanks for the photos and description of the install. With the way you did drivers seat install did it raise the seat high much higher? Being a member of the knuckle dragging sliver back clan and 6’2” tall I am worried about seat height. Between the steering wheel hitting my ape-ish thighs and the head hitting the soft top, if you have an ideal in inches?
How high did it raise the passenger seats? Can you still fill the batteries with the reduce angle of the battery lid? Last thing, I take it you pulled the springer seat out so you get good welds on the 1” tubing then weld the seat to the tubing or did you do it the other way? Looks like a very clean install, thank you for sharing. Shotgun

goldneagle

Thanks for the photos and description of the install. With the way you did drivers seat install did it raise the seat high much higher? Being a member of the knuckle dragging sliver back clan and 6’2” tall I am worried about seat height. Between the steering wheel hitting my ape-ish thighs and the head hitting the soft top, if you have an ideal in inches?
How high did it raise the passenger seats? Can you still fill the batteries with the reduce angle of the battery lid? Last thing, I take it you pulled the springer seat out so you get good welds on the 1” tubing then weld the seat to the tubing or did you do it the other way? Looks like a very clean install, thank you for sharing. Shotgun
I did the install on my M923 about a year ago. I was able to open the battery box the same height as the bench seat. The only added component was a second support rod to help support the additional weight of the cover with the new seats attached. Please see my thread goldneagle's M923 recovery and modification thread"

shadowdd

The center seat wont hit the shifter folded down? What if i have the winch controls?
No, even with he middle seat folded it clears the shift lever just fine... The seat back when folded does not pass the seat base and the head rest folds down in between the back and base.

Thanks,

Bryan

shadowdd

The seat height is roughly the same as the springer seat... I am just over 6' 1" and I fit comfortably and don't even come close to the soft top. I can say that I look right at the windshield wiper so I do have to look down a little but I had to do at with the original seat as well. I can still raise my battery box within about 2 " of the original height so I had to adjust the length of my original prop rod and I also made a new prop rod for the front side since they are considerably heavier. I welded all the square tubing to the seat rails first so I could do it on a table and get nice welds and there was plenty of room under the seat to get nice welds on the springer base. I hope that answered your questions.

Thanks,

Bryan

Shotgun

Thanks, this great information for me. I will probably due the driver’s seat, still figuring out what to due about the passenger side though. You see the avatar at the left; well the “Wookie” is now 3 1/2 years later and 125 pounds now. I am probably the only idiot that had to buy four door pickup’s so he has enough room to lie down in. He is quite fussy about his stretching out space. Has anyone else on the forum had the same problem with large dogs? I was thinking about figuring out a way to get the passenger seat to fold down with the seat portion up against the dash and the back rest to lay down for him. Only problem I see with that his getting his heavy but up in the cab. Thanks for the reply, Shotgun

Shotgun

Goldeneagle, I tried doing an advance search for your build and all I get is the present thread. I am doing something wrong in terms of finding your post on your build? Thanks Shotgun

Shotgun

Thanks Goldeneagle for the link, I am having trouble with the site again, lost it the other day at work and now at home. Keep getting a 503 error code on the screen, this has been going on for about 8 months now. It will go down for months then I can get on the site for a week or two then down again. Not making me a happy camper, quite a bit of knowledge here and quite important to a new 5 ton owner. So if I don't reply to your post, this the reason why. Need to find someone to figure out why I can't connect to the site. Using the lirbary in town today when I came in to do some shopping. Thanks for all your help now, not sure when I will be able to log on again, so I will see you all when I can get access. Shotgun

goldneagle

Thanks Goldeneagle for the link, I am having trouble with the site again, lost it the other day at work and now at home. Keep getting a 503 error code on the screen, this has been going on for about 8 months now. It will go down for months then I can get on the site for a week or two then down again. Not making me a happy camper, quite a bit of knowledge here and quite important to a new 5 ton owner. So if I don't reply to your post, this the reason why. Need to find someone to figure out why I can't connect to the site. Using the lirbary in town today when I came in to do some shopping. Thanks for all your help now, not sure when I will be able to log on again, so I will see you all when I can get access. Shotgun
Try asking the admin for help. He should be able to get you going.

shadowdd

shotgun.... check and make sure you are not trying to connect through a proxy server....

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Start[/FONT] button. In the search box, type [FONT=WOL_Bold]Internet Explorer[/FONT], and then, in the list of results, click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Internet Explorer[/FONT].
  • Click the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Tools[/FONT] button (if you don't see a tools button at the top then right click the top bar and click on menus and the normal File menus should show up) and then click [FONT=WOL_Bold]Internet Options[/FONT].
  • You can also access the Internet options through the control panel.
  • Click the [FONT=WOL_Bold]Connections[/FONT] tab, and then click [FONT=WOL_Bold]LAN settings[/FONT].
  • [FONT=WOL_Reg]Make sure that Automatically Detect Settings check box IS checked and that Use a [/FONT][FONT=WOL_Bold] proxy server for your LAN[/FONT][FONT=WOL_Reg] check box is NOT checked.
    [/FONT]
  • When you are finished making changes, click [FONT=WOL_Bold]OK[/FONT] until you return to Internet Explorer.

That should help.

Bryan

Last edited:

Shotgun

Thanks Shadowdd, finally able to get on today, will try your suggestion, when I get home Fri. Got on tonight at work yay got some catching up to do during my breaks. See how many days I can get on again. Thanks for the support, Shotgun

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks