• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New. Seeking advice pre purchase.

Cheswood

Hidy,
Looking to acquire a tug for equipment transport and service (largely off road). Considered converting a 9400 IH but I'd rather just start with a platform already suited.

Full air brake is my main reason for looking at the 931a2. A love of the little CTA 8.3 is another.

Obviously, no long haul (FINALLY) . 25% on road. CTIS setup would be nice (converted to a much simpler civil control) but not a huge deal. Aux hydro would be awesome if it was already there as it will be needed anyway and I'd love to not have to pack a pony\pto as we did in the day.

Ok so basis is finding the right base truck. Doesn't have to be a tug in it's current clothing if that would better offer other areas such as hydraulics. Basically looking for some education if ya wouldn't mind giving some direction.

Many thanks,
Frank

Cheswood

Artisan said:
What is the max wcurrently you expect to pull and what would you prefer, 5th wheel
or Pintle?
Both 5th wheel and pintle will be used. Most field work will be one of a few pintle pull. There will also be some empty and light load 53' short moves. Also hoping to trade for a 5th wheel wrecker setup to scap some dead FTLs.

Weight. Well honestly it's mostly well under spec.

Current is an 04 W9 c15 BTW. Sold it to the man I drive for a few years ago and he's got a few fighting to take my seat. I can get a very nice 9400 eagle with a near perfect 12.7 with a tree in the cab (have another cab) for a great price but I would need to outfit it. Mostly though I just miss my old m35 and since I'm in need of something for rough use.......... Well

Frank

blhar15

I would say you would be best suited with a M931A2 and that will give you the CTIS. Also the M916's are nice. You will want a 6x6 for off road use.

That is my opinion.

Cheswood

I would say you would be bted with a M931A2 and that will give you the CTIS. Also the M916's are nice. You will want a 6x6 for off road use.

That is my opinion.
Many thanks.
My thoughts likewise. Happy to hear more ideas though.

I'm presently digging in on m931a2 info and don't want to overlook others while engrossed.
I've got a load of "I wants" that I'm very intentionally leaving out.I need this one to do a job. The rest can fall in once I'm going and can spend time thinking of restarting my collection.

Frank

Aside: Is it just me or is this particular forum difficult on android tablet. It constantly decides to chop from where you were to deleting sections of earlier typed and then often throwing new text inside of old as well. I'm not up on this stuff so it could be something with my tablet specifically. Just figuring some younger folk here might have a clue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks