• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Shelters

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New to me anyways. Due to a crappy listing, a friend and I just ended up with these 2 shelters. One is an S280 and the other is unknown but the same size and appears to have the lugs for a mobilizer dolly. While they look a little rough as are, the price made them a very attractive purchase. Both will end up as residences at the FL Rally. Thanks to my friend Wayne Harris for pointing them out to me!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That 2nd one looks like some of the first shelters that were used back in the 1950s. I'm not sure if it was called a S-280 at the time, but the setup is similar.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as they are structually sound, who cares if they start out looking a little rough? Just makes the finished product look all that more amazing right?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At $208 for the pair, I'm not complaining. They are only 40 miles from the rally site too. The wrecker will continue to earn it's keep at the R4x4 AO.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great score!

You gonna put them next to each other and have a doublewide?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, these are going to be seperate residences with substanial distance between them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Great score. So if I get an opportunity for two at $600 a piece of the newer version with mounting lugs, would I be stupid for taking the deal or not taking the deal.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I couldn't tell from the pic, but the first one looks like the side is a seperate piece.
The reason I notice this is because I have an s280 where the side is made from two
panels that are hinged to fold down and form a floor.
Bruce

goldneagle

New to me anyways. Due to a crappy listing, a friend and I just ended up with these 2 shelters. One is an S280 and the other is unknown but the same size and appears to have the lugs for a mobilizer dolly. While they look a little rough as are, the price made them a very attractive purchase. Both will end up as residences at the FL Rally. Thanks to my friend Wayne Harris for pointing them out to me!
The 2nd one won't work! The door opens the wrong way! You might as well just give it to me!:mrgreen::twisted:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, the stutter is from typing on a tablet. Puter is broken.
Carnac, that price sounds pretty attractive.
Bruce, it might be an expandible shelter,I just don't know.
All in all I'm quite happy with the purchase. Mine might just go to the rally site and I can work on it there. My partner in this sale is having them delivered right to the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks