• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New shocks 66903

Spoolinup

Ok
received new shocks today and I was able to compress them like they were for a Honda Civic or something. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.IMG_0288.jpg
IMG_0287.jpg

rustystud

Ok
received new shocks today and I was able to compress them like they were for a Honda Civic or something. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.View attachment 740716
View attachment 740715
Shocks are made to retract (push in) easily. Then they rebound (push out) slowly. This is due to the restriction valves used in them to control movement or the bouncing of the vehicle. So what happens is you hit a bump and the suspension goes down. Now you have the vehicles springs pushing back and the shocks are controlling the amount of force they have to prevent them from pushing so hard it creates a bounce back. When shocks go bad the vehicle is bouncing uncontrollably since there is nothing to prevent the bounce back. Shocks themselves don't have anything to due with vehicle load at all. That is the springs department. They basically keep the springs in check. Of course "leaf" springs have an inherent self dampening ability unlike "coil" springs, but they still need shocks.
Sorry for the lecture.

Spoolinup

Thanks Rusty,
Always like to learn, so I guess I'll install them asap.
Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spoolinup

Thanks Elite,

Yes I'm running 395/85/r20 tires on a bobbed deuce. I've come across a few different shocks to use and want to run the "best-safest" shocks. Here are the different ones I've seen.

Monroe 34787?

NAPA 76787?

Monroe 74416?

Jeez now I'm confused,lol

Dane

Spoolinup

Well after reading Monroes web site and specs for the 74416 shocks, seems like I should try these?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk