• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New shoes (and socks) on the deuce

wsucougarx

Wow, she looks incredible. I have totally dismissed the idea of adding bigger tires to my deuce. However, after looking at your truck I think I need them:shock:. Your truck looks outstanding!!!!![thumbzup]

ivbeenrokd

that looks really nice, and tough, too!!

question: why do you park 'er on boards?
My asphalt driveway was really not built for a truck that heavy so my theory is if I park it on 2x12 boards it will spread the load some to help prevent cracking. It's just a theory, but after 4 months I haven't seen any damage yet. I periodically move them around so I don't stay in the same spot. I use to have a trailer parked there that did some damage over time, so I'm just trying not to do anymore. Pic of the trailer:

Attachments

greenjeepster

Does anybody know how much MPG loss is experienced with this upgrade?

I like the way it looks, but my two concerns are fuel miles and snow traction.

Last edited:

Wozdirt

Welcome to the super single club. I think the HEMMT wheels and 15.5s totally transform the truck.
What kind of tire pressures have you been running? I found the XMLs do well around 30-35 psi
50 tends to bounce a lot on rough roads. Havent used them off road much yet.

srodocker

man i agree with wsu on this one about how nice it looks! if its cheaper to go this route instead of mounting some agreesive tread dual wheels i'll pick the cheaper route

ivbeenrokd

Does anybody know how much MPG loss is experienced with this upgrade?

I like the way it looks, but my two concerns are fuel miles and snow traction.
I guess it depends on where you drive and how you drive. If you drive a lot of open road I would think it could be an increase in mileage since it makes a higher final drive ratio and lower RPMs. If you drive a lot of city I would think lower MPG.

ivbeenrokd

Welcome to the super single club. I think the HEMMT wheels and 15.5s totally transform the truck.
What kind of tire pressures have you been running? I found the XMLs do well around 30-35 psi
50 tends to bounce a lot on rough roads. Havent used them off road much yet.
I put 35psi in to start with but haven't had the time to really "dial" them in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks