• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New shoes for hard working deuce.

sawmill71

m35a2.jpg0312121734.jpg0409121634.jpgminilogtruck2.jpgminilogtruck.jpgKIMG0518.jpgKIMG0082.jpg

I have been using my modified m35a2 for quite a few years now with good success. It was created with the help and parts supplied by members of this site. I am wanting to upgrade the tires and/or tires and rims on this truck with something that offers better weight handling capacity and better ground clearance than the current 9.00-20s. I have been reading the many ,many threads on this site about the multitude of possibilities, but have concerns about the way I am using this truck compared to how others are using theirs. So I am asking what you think would be the best setup for this truck and for its uses. It started out as a m35a2 cargo truck with turbo it then had a transfer case mounted pto install the frame extended 4 feet and a early 70's Barko 80 log loader installed. For the past 5 or so years it has been used as a log forwarder and for clearing up tree's ,brush and stumps on job site's. It is never used as an on road haul truck. It is driven from site to site and is registered as special use commercial as a crane carrier. I am planning on raising the bed height by 6 inches to give more tire clearance. I really do not want to flip the hubs and narrow the stance of the truck. Your information would be deeply appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.

Blackbear

I'm not near my duece at the moument so all I have is my avatar pic, I will send you a pit urge etc when I get up there in about ten days, sorry, I know there truck tires not stock and 1100 size.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I agree, the way you use your truck, G177s would be much better. Might even find some tri-rail chains if it doesn't see pavement.

sawmill71

I called Memphis equipment and spoke with Melanie (very nice people) they are shipping me out 10 - 11.00r20 g177 on m35a2 rims. Hope to get them mounted up this weekend. If you need tires they have great pricing and excellent customer service and currently have a special with free shipping on full sets of tires and rims.

JohnnyBM931A2

I called Memphis equipment and spoke with Melanie (very nice people) they are shipping me out 10 - 11.00r20 g177 on m35a2 rims. Hope to get them mounted up this weekend. If you need tires they have great pricing and excellent customer service and currently have a special with free shipping on full sets of tires and rims.
I agree. Recently had my first dealing with them (ordered a new turn signal switch,) and the experience was very pleasant. It's funny that you mentioned the wheel/tire special.. That's how I came across them and ordered my turn signal switch.. I saw their wheel/tire ad at the top of this site.

Make sure you post up some pics after you get them installed! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks