• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW smart start problem

badgerord

Hi all,

Just added a new KDS Smart Start System, truck starts right up, but starter will not stop.
Even if the start switch is turned to OFF.
Disconnect battery, reconnect, everything is normal till you start ism then the cycle starts again.
Last one got fried due to a helpful helper jumping it in reverse voltage. With the old roached SSS it would start with a little ether, yes I know "Don't do it!" but emergencies are emergencies.

Any ideas?? as t stands now I'm out $1000 for the new SSS!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Box might be defective or toast. I seem to recall others have complained about this but I don’t recall what type of box they had.

I would check the stock ignition switch first. Cheaper fix.

diesel_dave

New GI ignition switch failed to fix it.
Can you disconnect the wire going to the starter solenoid and hook a multimeter up to it? Would let you check for voltage there so you can troubleshoot without burning up your starter. Will also tell you if it's a PCB or a starter issue. If you have 24v there after releasing the start switch, then it's a weird electrical issue with the PCB. If you don't, then there is something going on with your starter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks