• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Socal Desert Member

bamnq6

Hello all-

I live/work/and play in the eastern Sierra's. I'm rolling around the idea of picking up a deuce (preferably bobbed) for camping/fishing/wheeling around here in the desert.

I'm a pretty mechanically savvy guy, but i have limited experience with anything nearly as heavy-duty as a m35... My track miata is about 100% the opposite of a deuce :)

Thanks all for you input and assistance!!

-Ben

kwest

Hey bamnq6: Welcome to the site.... Good luck on finding your deuce. I have a M109A3 and I love it. There are a few on E-bay and on this ss site for sale and they are getting scarce at a reasonable price because of supply. I have some Mech. expertice but nothing as big as a Deuce and I made the transition fairly easy, I am 62 and I can't pick up 33X10 tires like I used to, now I am moving 14.5 X 20 R tires that weigh 2 times my weight....... with rope blocks and my Massey Ferguson tractor.. The idea is slow and smart. Ben there is alot of info here on this site and search the archives first. There are alot of Guys here that have a wealth of knowledge on these trucks and are willing to help out. Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks