• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Steel

Ripcord01

I purchased three new pieces of steel for my trailer. What is the best way to prep it?
Should I use just a regular primer and then paint. or what?

Attachments

Last edited:

eagle4g63

New steel, I would wipe it down with a wax and grease remover first. You could also get away with some lacquer thinner/paint thinner if nothing else. The best primmer is going to be a etching primmer.

Otherwise just scuff it up good shoot your good ol' primmer and forget about it(after paint of course). If anything happens just touch it up(that is if it is like mine....flat paint camo pattern).

I have too many shinny go to show with things to worry about my military truck...it will outlast any of the others anyway.

A

A/C Cages

We used to use MEK or Naptha to clean the metal before painting the cages.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks