• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New T813 Owner

K692

Hi Guys I'm Kuso
To introduce myself:
I live in Switzerland and fulfilled my dream of owning a 813 8x8 a few weeks ago.
She is not a beauty but shes mine and im proud to own her. Have to re-do the whole wiring, every hose and and and...
I bought a seperate half Engine, two Gearboxes and a few Rims (1 Wheel, 3 Rims and 1 Tyre) and some small Pieces. Most parts are junk or need to be redone for serious use.
Switched a Tyre, cleaned the Chassis (probably at this moment 9hours of cleaning:eek:), stripped the Cabin and started to make a new Wiring harness. Also got a buyer for the Yellow scrap metall behind the Cabin.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi Guys I'm Kuso
To introduce myself:
I live in Switzerland and fulfilled my dream of owning a 813 8x8 a few weeks ago.
She is not a beauty but shes mine and im proud to own her. Have to re-do the whole wiring, every hose and and and...
I bought a seperate half Engine, two Gearboxes and a few Rims (1 Wheel, 3 Rims and 1 Tyre) and some small Pieces. Most parts are junk or need to be redone for serious use.
Switched a Tyre, cleaned the Chassis (probably at this moment 9hours of cleaning:eek:), stripped the Cabin and started to make a new Wiring harness. Also got a buyer for the Yellow scrap metall behind the Cabin.
Hi Kuso,

Got a little work to do - but hey - all of us end up fixing stuff. Scraping and Chipping rust was one of the first things I had to do on my truck. Glad to hear that you found what you wanted!

Do you have a particular job for it - or is this a fun truck?

Tim Mullaney

K692

Hi Tim

Sure there is a lot of Work and i enjoy every second i spend working on it. Finally after 4 Years searching and planning to buy/Import one.

Yes i have a job for it, in a few Years i strap a modifyed shipping container on it and build a Home inside for travelling and part- time living.

Cheers

Kuso

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi Tim

Sure there is a lot of Work and i enjoy every second i spend working on it. Finally after 4 Years searching and planning to buy/Import one.

Yes i have a job for it, in a few Years i strap a modifyed shipping container on it and build a Home inside for travelling and part- time living.

Cheers

Kuso
That sounds like fun. I keep thinking that maybe when I retire, that might be an option.
Camping is a nice way to kick back and unwind for sure!

K692

That sounds like fun. I keep thinking that maybe when I retire, that might be an option.
Camping is a nice way to kick back and unwind for sure!
I love to camp and hope to use the Tatra before and in my retirement for all sort of Trips.

Today i got my new Multi Gauge and restore the speedo.

Is here anyone who got an exact Wiring-Diargram? since the pre Owner messed everything up with cutting wires and laydown loose ones everywhere trough the chassis. I found 30mm bare wiring laying in the front of the Cabin underneath the Wiper motor.:sneaky:

Attachments

K692

A few Updates... not much since its freezing cold outside.:rolleyes:

Dismounted the Batterie door, weld the worn out holes for the Imbus and dismantled the keyhole since its broken. I will figure out another way to prevent stolen Batteries :LOL:

Also i got the whole Cables out of the Rig and started to find out what cable for what is. There where nearly 20 cables loose through the rig not even connected and minimum 10 cables cutted.:cautious:

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Kuso, welcome, and let me know if I can help getting some stuff.

I am living in the Czech Republic, and I am restoring an 1953 NSU bike for my nephew, who is living in the Interlaken area.

There are I think at least five or six members with the Tatra Kolos on the forum, but haven't seen them online for a while (or missed them). Some interesting threads are connected with Duncan in the Netherlands, Rusty Loads in the Ontario, Canada region, and Woorarra down under, no worries mate.

tooFATtoDRIVE

Hi Guys I'm Kuso
To introduce myself:
Tatra Kolos T813 in Switzerland must be a rare sight! Cool truck!!!
I look forward to seeing the restoration progress of your T813.

K692

First thank you all for welcome me in this Forum, its a pleasure to meet you all

Since i started my new Job (more Money to spend on the Tatra :devilish:), nothing big happend.

I only started a new Wiring Diag. and gained more infos about the law to register it without problems :driver:
Wiring Diag..jpg

You mentioned planning to import. Did you find the truck in Switzerland or did you have to import it?
I had to Import it, found it in Germany (in the north, near Rostock somewhere)

Hi Kuso, welcome, and let me know if I can help getting some stuff.

There are I think at least five or six members with the Tatra Kolos on the forum, but haven't seen them online for a while (or missed them). Some interesting threads are connected with Duncan in the Netherlands, Rusty Loads in the Ontario, Canada region, and Woorarra down under, no worries mate.
Thank you, i will come back to your offer if i need something! I have read nearly all posts in the Forum with 813 in it to gain more Informations. Im pleased to finally find a spot with crazy peoples like me:naner:

Tatra Kolos T813 in Switzerland must be a rare sight!
At this moment and based on my Informations it is the only one in Switzerland (there is only a 815 somewhere around)

Hybriden

Hi Guys I'm Kuso
To introduce myself:
Hi, I was just now accepted as a member here and searched on Tatra and there you were. I have just bought a Tatra 815 8x8 VVN myself from a Czech guy that is a collector of everything Tatra. He has a perfectly restored 813 that I have had the privilege of studying closely and sit in the last days. Amazing truck! I am Norwegian and I am not bringing the 815 to Norway, just to costly with the taxes I will have to pay. I am setting up an collectors association here in the Czech Republic together with two Czech friends, with me as the truck's owner,14614651.jpg and voila I get Czech number plates on it and papers with me as the owner on them.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi, I was just now accepted as a member here and searched on Tatra and there you were. I have just bought a Tatra 815 8x8 VVN myself from a Czech guy that is a collector of everything Tatra. He has a perfectly restored 813 that I have had the privilege of studying closely and sit in the last days. Amazing truck! I am Norwegian and I am not bringing the 815 to Norway, just to costly with the taxes I will have to pay. I am setting up an collectors association here in the Czech Republic together with two Czech friends, with me as the truck's owner,View attachment 857125 and voila I get Czech number plates on it and papers with me as the owner on them.
Congratulations Hybriden !

AND Welcome to the Outfit! That is a SHARP looking truck! Very nice indeed!!

MarcusB

Hey guys. I am from Australia and managed to get my self and 813 kolos. It has been in Australia for about 20 years. I'm not sure if any more of them are here. The last owner let it get a little run down and the cab is starting to rust. Just wondering if anyone on here can help me with replacement cabin parts. The engine and driveline seem to be in good condition and everything mechanical is working. If anyone could help me out that would be great. Cheers marcus

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably several people who could help with cabin parts, certainly from the Czech Republic, but getting it shipped to down under is either very expensive and quick or just expensive and slow. Showing some pics of your truck and the problem parts always helps.

nopics

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks