• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New tanks to be shot up as targets.

seabee mike

We have a big bombing range where i work. We have 100 new and busted up tanks for the 60's we found 5 with less than 5 hours on the meter. 14 of them came from storage after getting total rebuild. the rest are problem tanks. all of them will get shot up as targets. I was thinking of posting some photos of them, i have to ask first as some things are protected.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Intercom systems, interior dome lights, antenna, radio mounts, cables for radios/intercoms, tow cables, headlights, rear mounted telephone systems, ...whatever they will allow you to take if anything at all.

toddm

I was stationed at Cannon Air Force Base in Clovis in 1988-90, my first job when I got to base was to go to Melrose range to help pick up the pieces of a A-7 that had crashed there. EOD said they had most of the 20mm rounds but that some were still unaccounted for. Kind of made me think twice what I was going to be picking up!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was stationed at Cannon Air Force Base in Clovis in 1988-90, my first job when I got to base was to go to Melrose range to help pick up the pieces of a A-7 that had crashed there. EOD said they had most of the 20mm rounds but that some were still unaccounted for. Kind of made me think twice what I was going to be picking up!
That is where we formed the 554 CES, and trained to go to VIET NAM, in the middle of WINTER ,11/65 to 2/66

the gov't makes no sense what so ever..."All right men aim and fire away at those beautiful tanks we just had rebuilt"...:cookoo:.. thats what they did with most of the WWII planes including the
B-29s:cry: yea save any of them parts you can in case i find a way for me to own one of them purrty devices :p