• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Texan here. M447 mounted on a M923 ?

Kvrazelm923

Sorry been here five min and already screwed up and added my self to the map more than once I apologize
I have a question about an m923a2 I want to put an m447c on the back of it will it work ? was not sure where to post this question though. I promise I will try not to fubar anything else thanks guys

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from central Illinois. As for posting your question about your M923 , that would go under the 5 ton and up forum and don't worry we wont hold that against you:grin:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy neighbor! The m447c will be too long for the frame with lots of over hang, the M927/M928/M934/M935 all have the extra long frame which you would need. It's easier and cheaper to just buy a van from surplus than starting from scratch. If you're dedicated to the M923a2 then look for an M109 box and it would give you a shelter with plenty of room for other things. Food for thought.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M934 is the end result of what you seek sans frame stretching.
I need to amend my statement as it is incorrect. The M934 uses the same body as the M313. The M447C has the open sides with either curtains or aluminum panels to enclose it.

Kvrazelm923

If I measured correctly I think the 447 is gonna fit with only about two feet of over hang on the back but considering how thick the box frame is I don't think it will be an issue, if I had it to do again I probably would have looked for a 934 but I have already put a ton of work in my 923 and then I saw a YouTube video of some guys selling "excursion vehicles " for a 150k and said wow I can make that! And I only gave 450 for the 447, it's a challenge and an addiction that keeps me out of trouble!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The difference in length is 3'. The 447 box is rubust so you shouldn't have an issue with 3 feet of overhang. All that weight aft the axle might make steering a little squirrelly.

Kvrazelm923

i really hope not but we shall see, do you figure three feet with leaving the spare between box and cab or no.? I am back and forth on leaving it there or not. And thanks by the way for your input, I'm new to forums hopefully you guys will point me straight on posting and what not so I don't make anyone mad posting in the wrong spot or something, i do good to check email and find Facebook

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your existing bed is 14' (unless its an ISO bed) and the M447C is 17'. You could mitigate some of that overhang by moving the spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks