• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New tier, any seen it before?

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All.

Here is a pics of a new " in the test" tire fore use on military truck.

It's the university in Wisconsin-Madison and Resilient Technologies so have come to this tire.

It's mine, bullet and bomb prof .

Odd

Attachments

scooter01922

Cool design but i can't shake the feeling that it wouldn't do too well offroad. Just imagine how much it would weigh if you went thru a bunch of thick sticky mud and it filled in all the air spaces. With the 4 of em mud filled i think you would be hard pressed to go faster than 10 miles an hour when you got back on road and stopping wouldn't be much fun either with that much rotating mass.

K45

I think these wheel/tire set up would be valuable in the middle east with most of their travels on dessert dirt roads with mines. But yes it would be rough offroad going through mud clogging the holes and would cause the vehicle to ride out of alignment. Also highway ride would be ruff also. Still cool looking set up and practical.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder how long until those tires hit the "urban street scene"? :wink:

Can you say, "rollin' on 35's"!

oddnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tire

Hi

Belive it ore not, , you can drive in up to 50 , safe, and not lose your teeth.:p

It's not similar to truck loader tires.

It's the design so do it good to i use, bi cube design, with the rubber, in a war scenario.

Odd

DavidWymore

Michelin's are called tweels. They work good except for building too much heat.

(EDIT) They only get hot at hiway speeds...

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I can only imagine what this would look like on a chrome 20" wheel bolted to a caddy escalade. YUK!!! It may wind up on the past thread of ugly vehicles. Now I would like to have a set of those on my bob-cat! That makes it functional.

Tanner

Michelin's are called tweels. They work good except for building too much heat.

(EDIT) They only get hot at hiway speeds...
Wow, they only get hot at highway speeds? Sounds PERFECT for use on CUCV's that likewise get too hot at highway speeds... rofl

But I'm not too sure about it being 'airless'; non-pneumatic, I'd say, but then I'd just be accused of being correct... couldn't let that happen, could we? -
Actually, isn't air flowing all around & through the 'tire'? ;-)

'Tanner'

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks