• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to forum

txlaw

I am new to the forum but not new to deuce ownership. I decided to join for the wealth of knowledge that is on this forum and would like to thank everyone who has contributed. I am the owner of a bobbed deuce named the tease. Some of you may remember it being advertised for sale on this forum. So far owning it has been a blast and it has been very reliable. The only thing that I had changed on it is, it now has a true auto AC system in it that works great. I look forward to using the knowledge on this forum to trouble shoot problems that
may arise. The driver's side door handle just broke so I will be taking it apart tomorrow. However the truck has everything on it that I wanted. I just added bows and a tarp and it will probably get a power steering kit added in the next year.

wp9b2aac78_01_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Welcome to the site from Kansas and that is quite the kooky camo job. Two things please add your state to your profile, it helps when you need help and also for others to know there are other near them that share the MV sickness, also if you post your pictures through the site they will always be here for others to enjoy.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed the issue. His post was set to moderated because of the link he included. The system flagged it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its the outside door handle, thats easy. Pull 2 screws and replace it.

If its the inside door handle, thats more complicated. Let me know what you got.

Flyingvan911

Welcome from Kansas City, MO. I replaced both of my door latch mechanisms. Remove the outer handle. Remove the panel on the botton, inside of the door. Remove the screws on the inside and edge of the door. Reach up and slide out the old mechanism. Before I installed my new ones I packed them with wheel bearing grease to help insure smooth, rust free operation.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! I know your truck, watched it being built, and painted.

If anyone gives you a hard time about the "camo", remind them that most of it was painted by a girl. :)

Cheers

txlaw

Okay I added my location. Been out deer hunting last few days. Thanks for the info on the door handle, I will probably look into that in a few days. It was the outside handle that broke. Today's project was smoking deer and tuna jerky and putting away hunting gear until next year. My next day off will be spent changing oil, oil filters and fuel filters on the deuce. Also fixing the door handle.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks