• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to group and new to me MEP806. Need help

LanduytG

Just bought a couple MEP806 at a Gov Liquidators auction. The unit I'm working on now is super clean. After doing all the checks we put fuel in it and it started right up. Ran well and voltage was showing 208 as it should. Frequency meter I think is flaky but I found in the TM how to check it. The real problem now is I have and under voltage light and no voltage. Can't seem to figure out why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg

Isaac-1

I don't have any other advice, but just wanted to tell you that we would be glad to help if we could, but the simple fact is not that many TQG series generators have made it into the surplus market yet, this is particularly true of the larger units like yours.

Ike

LanduytG

Did you flash the field? Have you confirmed there is no voltage at the courtesy receptacle?
No voltage at the plug and it did work prior. But I did find out why it didn't work, I think. The K11 relay is a voltage sensing relay and has a reset on the side of it so I pushed it. However I had a couple of other relays out looking them and when I did this and when it was back together and ran it I had voltage again. If K11 was tripped I don't know why.

I don't have any other advice, but just wanted to tell you that we would be glad to help if we could, but the simple fact is not that many TQG series generators have made it into the surplus market yet, this is particularly true of the larger units like yours.

Ike
After spending time with this I see its really easy to work on. Was able to get all manuals off http://www.liberatedmanuals.com Hope I can be a help to others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks