• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me 1953 m37

M1031CMT

She looks pretty solid. Nice score.

The aftermarket roof looks pretty good. The big rear window is going to be useful when driving around.

Gotta love the stacks coming out of the bed. I hope you are going to fix that :wink:

Keep us updated.

53Fox

Big thanks to everybody for the reassurance. I've been hearing a lot of What is that? and Did you really buy that? from people when I show them the pictures.

53Fox

Yes, do tell. What are the plans for this old soldier?
I'm sure my plans will change many times, but short term get the brakes done, unbolt the top and kind of feel it out.

Longer term plan is to get it back to OD Green, new tires, soft top, troop seats, and figure out a new motor/trans combo.

53Fox

Just curious what motor it has that required dual stacks? I like that top any idea who made it?

It has a 350 with a turbo 400 trans right now. Short throw headers straight piped to the stacks, it's loud.

As far as the top, I really don't know anything about it. That back window is just plexiglass through bolted and siliconed on. I'm assuming someone enlarged an original window. Im planning on going to a canvas top, when I do the tops yours if you want it.

53Fox

Dropped all the excess metal off at the scrap yard this weekend. The old truck is 1,200lbs lighter now..

Now it's time to change the master cylinder, any tips, recommendations, or volunteers?

53Fox

New master cylinder and a few new brake lines installed, thanks for the info Rusty. Bled the brakes, drove it around back roads by the shop, everything worked great. Motor ran strong, brakes felt firm, and than came the big question. Should I put it on the trailer and bring it home, or get in it and drive it home. Not sure if I said this earlier but this is in my shop at work 48 miles from my house. Well yesterday was such a nice day I got in it and drove. I won't bore you with the details, but if I lived 38 miles from the shop it would be in my driveway not at the mechanics were it sits today. Front brakes heated up a little too much and started to drag. Hope to get her back soon.

53Fox

I need your opinion please. So I was out for a cruise yesterday and the motor started to knock loudly, and run like crap. Ended up breaking a connecting rod.

Here's what I need help with, what should i do?

Another 350?
New crate motor or used?
12valve cummins?
Find a flathead?

I'm open to suggestions.

greeno

if your plans include going back to OD, soft top, etc. why not put it all the way back with a refreshed flathead? Easy for me to say since I already have a flathead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks