• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Me 5 tons!!!!

Goinmxn

Well I introduced myself already, so now I have my 5 tons I will show them to you all:grin: I just got them this past weekend from Sparta with the help of Jeff Laumer. They both run great so far. No electrical or mechanical issues at all. I have not had them on the road yet, one feels stronger moving them around, Jeff turned them both up while he had them. CTIS is fully functional as well. I have already taken the 5th wheel plates off to start prepping them for snow removal. I have thrown in a pic of my rock crawler, a non MV, but it has the right theme!

Attachments

Goinmxn

And Thanks to all that have helped me thus far in this obsession..... I'm not really sure what I have gotten myself into here but it is fun! All the mechanical and electrical systems will be gone over, the plans for the trucks are to complete hot water pressure wash and remove all the lose paint dirt etc, treat any rust and prime then paint in OD. Each is getting a 8yd sander and 11' flink plows. One sander is going to be pony motor driven, the other is going to be hydraulic with a wet system driven with a pully style hydro pump. Cabs are going to have bucket style seats with air bags replacing the spring in the suspension seat. I'm trying to add some measure of comfort for drivers.... I'll update as I move along. It's going to be slow progress at first due to 2 broken ankles, but I'll get there. Its going to be fun!

Goinmxn

I race motocross recreationally and was at a practice track when I came up short on single table top combo that was not ment to be a combo, I tried it anyway. It didn't work out. I'm getting slowly better, down to 1 aircast and crutches. Did a lot of reading on SS the past 8 weeks;)

Goinmxn

Ok, please forgive my lack of knowledge, still learning the basics on these trucks. I guess I'm a little more concerned about keeping the air system from freezing during extended periods of sub freezing temperatures while removing snow and spreading. What steps can I take to make it less likely to freeze up?