• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me 84 M1009

Just Yourshadow

I just picked up this 09 from the Boone Police department. They used it as a patrol vehicle from 94 til 01ish. From there it just sat in the impound lot as far as I could tell. I assume this 09 was originally from Fort Bragg It was listed as 44,620 for mileage but this was not the case from the state inspection slips I found in the glove box as the mileage hadn't changed from 97 til current. Despite looking solid in the pictures the floor pans are pretty rotted out. The rear brakes were frozen from sitting for so long as was the steering. So far I've been able to free the brakes up, free the steering somewhat, rip out most of the police wiring, reconnect everything to the radiator. Tomorrow I plan on filling the cooling system up, adding fuel to the tank, bleed the fuel system, and try and get her to fire.

Attachments

galeo7171

Nice. I had planned on bidding on both of those last week, but I got caught up at work and forgot to place my bids. Lucky for you.....haha!!! Have fun with it.

Just Yourshadow

Ranchhopper I'll keep you in mind as I dig deeper into this truck. I filled the radiator, put about 5 gallons of fuel in the tank, bleed the fuel system and she fired. Boy did she run strong. However we noticed the fuel tank, old oil filter, and radiator leaking so I shut her down before I could test anything out. I'll change the oil this weekend since I needed to do that anyway, the fuel tank I half expected to leak, the radiator leaking well that just irks me but I'll replace that once work starts to pick up again. I just wish I could keep her running long enough to test the trans, steering, brakes, etc. I also have to rewire the gen 2 plug since that was cut off for some odd reason and hook that gen back up. As for the body, I talked with my body guy and it looks like I can save alot more of the body then I had previously thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks