• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me '86 M1008

cpf240

... I replaced my wiper motor with one from Auto Zone. It didn't have the washer pump. Their computer didn't show one with a pump, what's up with that?...
What model year did you tell them it was? If you said '86, then the computer is correct. The CUCVs were all built to '84 specs, no matter what year they were actually built. So, in '86 they didn't use a wiper motor with the pump built in. You need an '84 wiper motor, if you want the internal pump. I would just get a washer bottle from the junk yard that has the pump in the tank. Much better performance. You could also put in one of the aftermarket in-line washer pumps.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You really need to start posting your pictures here and not photobucket.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced my wiper motor with one from Auto Zone. It didn't have the washer pump. Their computer didn't show one with a pump, what's up with that?
Some parts are not the same as the civvy version. That is when the TM parts manuals come in handy. All the GM part numbers are listed. Some of the part numbers have been updated or no longer available.

smokeeater495

I pulled out the rubber floor mat and then cleaned up the floor. I found lots of sunflower seeds and a few spent 5.56 cases. What is the square metal plate on the floor of the passenger's side?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks