• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me ERDLator deuce

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here she is! A little rough but a good start. Engine is blown and tranny is sketchy. Will decide what to do with it once I finish some projects around here. Finally not sick anymore!

Attachments

HDN

My grandfather had that deuce back trucked into his back yard. He stripped all the desalinator guts out of it and made it a storage shed. It's always cool seeing these still mounted to a truck!

Never heard of ERDLator though - what does that mean?

ROARKY

Purveyor of rusty iron
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like someone got to stripping the back pretty good. The bodies are quite unique with the one split side. Cool truck. Does it still have the lift points on the front hubs?
Hey! Yeah it has both lift points still. Still has the heater in the back and the side stills open too.

HDN

This is more or less a place marker. If you need/want the TM's for the expando, say something. Also know that there was a MWO out to remove the Asbestes insulation on the thing.
I'd be interested in seeing the TM for this :) I don't recall the desalinator back as having a slide-out. It has a rear door and a side door though, with a little bay that goes over the cab for a heater.

These things were insulated? I wonder how my grandfather took it all out... Lung cancer didn't kill him, though!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested in seeing the TM for this :) I don't recall the desalinator back as having a slide-out. It has a rear door and a side door though, with a little bay that goes over the cab for a heater.

These things were insulated? I wonder how my grandfather took it all out... Lung cancer didn't kill him, though!
The drivers side opens up like an M447, M749 or M750 trailer. There was also a larger unit. This one should have been 1500 GPH and the 17' bed was 3000 GPH if I recall correctly. I recall the MWO to remove the heaters as they had asbestos, don't recall seeing one for the body itself.

Reactions: HDN

Guyfang

Staff member
I'd be interested in seeing the TM for this :) (Then look at the data plate, give me the model number and NSN, to help look for the TM. There are a good number of them.) I don't recall the desalinator back as having a slide-out. (No slide out, the drivers side wall opens up. That's why we called it an "Expando") It has a rear door and a side door though, with a little bay that goes over the cab for a heater.

These things were insulated? (I can find the MWO for it and you can look. I think it was dealing with the heater vents. When that sucker worked, you could stay WARM in the winter) I wonder how my grandfather took it all out... Lung cancer didn't kill him, though!
Open to see comments

HDN

The drivers side opens up like an M447, M749 or M750 trailer. There was also a larger unit. This one should have been 1500 GPH and the 17' bed was 3000 GPH if I recall correctly. I recall the MWO to remove the heaters as they had asbestos, don't recall seeing one for the body itself.
Open to see comments
HOLY COW I had no idea it could do that! Guess I didn't look at the unit closely enough! There was always junk in it :p

Deuce ERDLATOR opened up.jpg

ToddJK

Awesome truck. She'll need some TLC and a new engine, but when it's all said and done, you'll have one heck of a rig there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks