• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me fuel storage tanks

Preacherboy

my dad got a 1000 gallon tank for free the other day, he will be picking it up tonight. harley, what I use is 2 1" goldenrod fuel filters, the spin on kind. One is the fuel filter and the other is the water separator, I have a pump on mine only because I pump it out of barrels.

The other goldenrod filters I think say gravity fed only right on them, they aren't that much so you could try it out and see. But the small, hand crank pumps aren't that much from Harbor Frieght or TSC.

we definately want to see some pictures of your setup!

harleyrkc

Ok here they are, my $75 score. I picked up the large tank and the guy through in the smaller tank. I wasn't going to say no, so I cleaned them both up, removed any rust I found, and painted them in a Rustoleum Industrial Paint. I pulled the 1/2" plug from the bottom of the main tank and added a valve just in case I ever need to do something like remove water from the bottom of the tank. I added a 1" valve to the front to make the filters and such serviceable. I currently have a vented fill cap on the top and I'll be ordering a replacement level indicator float for the top. The original stand that I got with it was to bent up to salvage so I cut it up and kept the straight pieces of steel. I salvaged the cradles and fabricated from there.

The smaller 250-275 gallon tank also just needed a little clean up. I plan to plug the 3/8" threaded tap in the bottom front. I added the 3/4" tap a little over 6" from the bottom on the front, and added the 1/2" tap on the bottom to allow me to remove any water after everything settles. I'll be using this tank to store dirty WMO.

Now I just need to get a centrifuge put together. My current plan is to use a bowl and housing from Wolverine Tech. I'll provide my own motor and the rest of the goodies to assemble an automated system complete with an inline heater so that I don't need to preheat my oil. And if all goes well I find a smaller tank to pick up enough diesel to mix wtih my WMO as I clean it and put into storage.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I like pic #1!!! And your white tanks look great. I think I would have "two toned" the tanks...Paint the top half of the "good mix tank OD Green and the top of the WMO tank red!!:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks