• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me m1009

kee

I've been lurking the site for years and I finally had a chance to snag a military vehicle. My background, I'm a former Marine and still very active with Marine Corps League and Toys for Tots. I also have a DJ business that serves some of the area American Legions and VFW's... So this project makes allot of sense since I can use it to haul DJ gear, for parades, to collect for Toys for Tots, haul the boat, and my off-road Jeeps!!!

The entire drivetrain is out of this thing so I have allot of work ahead of me. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you might have. I'm in Illinois but very near St Louis. If there's anyone else in this area I'd love to hear from you!!!

Pics of bringing it home:

Attachments

kee

It seems that it was used by the Forest Service at one point and then last owned by a fire department in rural Missouri. The 6.2 is in the back of it and the transfercase is in the passenger floor board. It's missing both alternators and I need to go back and get the transmission. I have no idea what's good and bad at this point so I would appreciate any advice for getting it back together!

Semper Fi,

Jeremy

DieselBob

The entire drivetrain is out of this thing so I have allot of work ahead of me. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you might have. I'm in Illinois but very near St Louis. If there's anyone else in this area I'd love to hear from you!!!
Well I can't help with knowing much about the CUCV's. Not a bad looking vehicle from the pic's. I do wish you well in getting it back together.

O.D. Fever

I would guess that it was a parts truck and that all the parts you got are the bad ones. I would try to buy a running rust bucket from G&L for parts. Good luck and we are here to help. Joe

kee

According to the paperwork in the glovebox it was last running and inspected in the state of Missouri in 2008 while being used by a small fire department. I'm hoping that means that it was just disassembled for a transmission by some over motivated fire department volunteers that 'wanted to go through it' for a restore... LOL...

But I do like your advice about buying another one as a parts vehicle that's already running!!! I'll be on the lookout!!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"One advantage of talking to yourself is that you know at least somebody's listening."
Also when telling jokes, someone laughs

as far as your 09, when you go back and get the trans, be sure to get the tether if not already with the truck

ryan77

You will spend twice as much to fix up that basket case then buying a good solid runner for 4 grand!!! You have plenty of work ahead of u!!!!

SPCWarning

O.D.Fever offers good advise. If you kick the bushes enough, a good runner will show up that is at least complete, so you will have all the parts to make one out of the two. Not knowing the condition of all the parts you have there, and not knowing for sure what may be missing it would be very difficult and aggrivating to put it all back together. Whatever you decide to do keep us posted and we will offer any help we can.
By the way, welcome from Mississippi Kee!