• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new to me m1009

bjsmith

Dont know if i made the right choice or not but traded my bobbed deuce for this 09 from member on here. Looked better in pics and was details i was given about it but anyway i have it now. It has 6" front lift and 4" rear but that will be fixed soon. Sitting on 35x14.5 boggers that also will be gone soon. My plans (if i can get paperwork straighted out) get rid of 4" lift blocks in rear and do shackle flip with 2" blocks to get it sitting level. I have a set of 8 lug axles to go under it (dana 44 and 14 bolt full float) It has axles from suburban right now with front auto locking hubs that dont work. I plan to run 37" H1 rims and tires. Not sure if i will run wheel spacers to make them fit or get new centers for the rims.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks cool with the soft top. FYI, the hubs on the CUCV now will work on the 44F. Odds are good the front axle is a 10 bolt though unless someone was swapping parts. The 44 never came with auto locking hubs, 10 bolts did. Nice thing about the burb 14 bolt is the perches and shock mounts are in the right place.

bjsmith

The axles under it now are from a suburban or that what guy told me.It has the auto hubs. it didnt have front driveshaft on when i got it and when i installed they would not lock for me to tighten the u joint strap bolts. I have a dana 44 that has been converted to 8 lug with mile marker manual hubs and limited slip and a 14 bolt that will be going under it soon. Just need money to buy new wheels for the tires i have or by the h1s that i want to run

bjsmith

Heres the new axles i just picked up today. The dana 44 converted to 8 lug with trac-loc and corporate 14 bolt full float open diff but the guy I got them from had a detroit locker that he let me get for cheap too so I grabbed it too. Now to find me some 15" 8 lug rims to swap my tires over for now

Attachments

donalloy1

Dont know if i made the right choice or not but traded my bobbed deuce for this 09 from member on here. Looked better in pics and was details i was given about it but anyway i have it now. It has 6" front lift and 4" rear but that will be fixed soon. Sitting on 35x14.5 boggers that also will be gone soon. My plans (if i can get paperwork straighted out) get rid of 4" lift blocks in rear and do shackle flip with 2" blocks to get it sitting level. I have a set of 8 lug axles to go under it (dana 44 and 14 bolt full float) It has axles from suburban right now with front auto locking hubs that dont work. I plan to run 37" H1 rims and tires. Not sure if i will run wheel spacers to make them fit or get new centers for the rims.
I think you did well bj! Really like the Soft Top. Yet to see one on O9. Will stick with Hard Top on my end. Noisey enough already! Will remove mine for naturl AC someday.
:grd:

bjsmith

The soft top is one thing i really liked about it. Also it has straps to roll sides and back up the tie them up so its all open except very top which is how it will be most of the time with me. Also with the boggers on it you can barely here any other noises from truck. They are load on the road. Funny thing is theres not much change in how loud it is from riding in deuce to the 09 with the boggers anyway but different tone.

rickf

Traded a bobbed deuce for a Blazer and now sinking a ton of money into the Blazer......:-?
I am a little confused? I would thing the deuce would have been worth double the Blazer from the start.

Last edited:

bjsmith

The deuce was probly worth twice as much but I get bored with things after a while. As far as sinking a ton of money in the blazer I only have $500 in both axles with the lockers. After I sell my rims and tires I will about brek even on new rims and tires. And if I can sell some of the extra parts that came with it that will pay for the axles. I didn't have a whole lot in the deuce to start with since i did all the work myself and find deals on all my parts.

bjsmith

Here's pic of shackle flip with brace added. I also added about a 1" shackle lift in front to level it back out. So all together I have about a 7" lift. I got a longer driveshaft for the rear now i need to make the front one longer and either get new front shocks or relocate the shock mount on front axle like I did the rear. Also have to find some new rims and if I dont i will be ordering new ones in a week or so

Attachments

rickf

If that shackle lift was on the front of the spring as it looks to be you are going to have steering issues. That will change your castor angle towards the negative which will cause it to wander and the steering not to self return. You can get angled shims for under the springs to compensate for that but it should be done on a rack.

Rick

bjsmith

The shackle flip is on the rear of rear spring. On the front I did make longer shackles for the rear of the spring and added angle shim to get it back where it was. It seems to drive good on the small tires. I haven't got a change to take it out on the 39.5s.