• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Me M923A2

Defcon-1

Hello and Good Day Friends,

I've been looking for a while and finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 1990 BMY M923A2, I have a bunch of questions about it lol. Mainly, looking to see what I should be doing as preventative-maintenance as the previous maintenance is not known (engine oil + filter / trans oil + filter / etc.) The truck has 18,000 miles on it with 700 hours on the engine. What should I be looking to do first? What should be the first priority in service? There is a data tag on the dash showing the Mil-spec fluids required, how can I find the civilian equivalent? Should I be going by what the data-tags say or is there a manual for this somewhere I can find?

I did drive it home 2+ hours and it was smooth sailing, but would like to "reset" or test the components to make sure everything is squared away and then follow a schedule to have it checked (service intervals). I am an aircraft mechanic by trade so I'm not afraid to get down and dirty with big (expensive too lol) parts. Will take any and all advice, fire away please! Ty!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks