• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me M931

MO MV man

Congratulations!
Looks like a really nice rig.

I have "5 ton fever" so our truck REALLY hits home.

BTW, you did great with the video!

poolmike

Yeah, the "fever" hit me hard. I skipped right over the M35 stuff and went this route. The power steering makes it really nice.

Now I just have to figure out what year it is and send in my title request.

MO MV man

I had a deuce, bobbed it, enjoyed the heck out of it (pic in avatar) and sold it (big mistake :().
But since the SEA of 900 series trucks have been hitting the GL universe, I'm dying to get my hands on one.

So there are no obvious markings or nomenclature that gives a solid year of manufacture?
You have to excuse me, I'm still learning about these trucks.

poolmike

There was nothing in the auction stating the year, and there is nothing on the data tag other than a serial number that I am attempting to decode. I don't want to guess at the year when filling out my forms and end up having problems. I also don't know the manufacturer. I'm still learning this stuff too...

MO MV man

Wow!
Great pictures.

Great looking M715, too!
Guy here in town has one that's Cummins 6BT powered with late model axles.
VERY stout truck!

Scarecrow1

Nice truck I love my 5ton . I had the paper work come back in less than two weeks . So I have to do the registration in January ....Santa broke my Check book :)

Carlo

Nice Ride!
I had BIG problems with the fuel system and it seems very common. The lines coming from the tanks dry rot. You cant see it but you will know it when the motor starts a little harder or the idle is not as before running up and back down. I got so much help from this site and my problems were sorted fast.
Good luck.

poolmike

Nice Ride!
I had BIG problems with the fuel system and it seems very common. The lines coming from the tanks dry rot. You cant see it but you will know it when the motor starts a little harder or the idle is not as before running up and back down. I got so much help from this site and my problems were sorted fast.
Good luck.

That was one of my inspections. I checked over all of the lines, fuel/air, etc...They all look good. I haven't had time to get it registered yet, but I do stop by and start the truck a couple times a week. It lights right off every time and runs like a clock. Can't wait to drive it.

goldneagle

That was one of my inspections. I checked over all of the lines, fuel/air, etc...They all look good. I haven't had time to get it registered yet, but I do stop by and start the truck a couple times a week. It lights right off every time and runs like a clock. Can't wait to drive it.
If you post your Vin number in CARNAC's thread 2013 Vin INFO you may get the date of manufacture of the truck as a reply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks