• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to Me M936A2 Wrecker

70deuce

Here are some pictures of the "new" vehicle. A 1991 M936A2 won at Ft Carson a few weeks ago. Put it to work right away. That's a 1200 lb commercial lawn aerator also won at Carson some time back. Also something real cool. I found out what unit it came from. Found "10th CSH" "HQ 84" hand written inside each door. Bumper markings were sprayed over. Its from the 10th Combat Support Hospital based at Ft Carson!! I even found an undated picture probably taken at Ft Carson somewhere that has my wrecker in it. In the first picture look for the circled vehicle towards the top left corner. Never crossed my mind that a wrecker would be assigned to a hospital unit.

Attachments

70deuce

Didn't luck out with that too much. The only thing in the tool boxes were 7 of the heavy duty snatch blocks. Two double pulley models and 5 single pulley units. Might be able to trade some of these for some of the other items. Did luck out on the truck though. Great runner and every system works great on the truck. I will be looking for the boom travel legs. Only one half of one is laying on the rear deck.

5tonman1971

Awesome truck! I love wreckers! I'm only half way to being a hooker! But when my 816 is done I'll be a full hooker!!! I think this is the only place I can get away with saying I want to be a full hooker. I want a 936 really bad lol.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful. I don't think mine has the spades unless they're on the deck under the snow. Whats with the two u shaped bars standing up? Is that for a cover?

61sleepercab

Nice truck, have fun but be careful. Saw a Youtube video were a crane truck was lowering a dozer into a work site hole and the truck flipped end over end backwards into the hole. You were lucky to get the picture of your truck in action.

I saved a 1961 B model Mack tractor from the junk man and found a 20 year old insurance card in the glove box and after several calls I got to speak with a former owner and his son who gave me history that the tractor was a former Surface Banana truck in WV and the truck hauled produce all over the Eastern US from Minnesota Cherries to South Carolina for watermelons. I got to talk to the elderly former driver who stated that "we got in her(turned the pump up) and boy could she run" . All this history from a slip of paper. Mark

Welder Sam

Nice truck, have fun but be careful. Saw a Youtube video were a crane truck was lowering a dozer into a work site hole and the truck flipped end over end backwards into the hole. You were lucky to get the picture of your truck in action.

I saved a 1961 B model Mack tractor from the junk man and found a 20 year old insurance card in the glove box and after several calls I got to speak with a former owner and his son who gave me history that the tractor was a former Surface Banana truck in WV and the truck hauled produce all over the Eastern US from Minnesota Cherries to South Carolina for watermelons. I got to talk to the elderly former driver who stated that "we got in her(turned the pump up) and boy could she run" . All this history from a slip of paper. Mark
Just read the truck and recovery ops manuals and listen to what the truck tells you and everything will be fine.

70deuce

1-Patriot-of-many, if there wasn't a big chain wrapped around the spades with a serious lock on it I'm sure the spades would have been long gone. Lucked out there also. No plans to do any heavy lifting with the crane but you never know when you have access to this kind of vehicle. It should handle the M37 cab OK I bet. :)