• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to me mep802a. Rodent fire

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Acquired the 802 from gov auction marked as " nonfunctional- sold for scrap". Intent is to strip for spares all parts compatible with my 803a. Obvious sign of rodents infestation and although hard to see in pic, Clear that rodents chewed through fuel line to main pump causing leak and minor fire.

Attachments

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took additional pic, if anything limited damage . Found full set of documents and auxiliary fuel line in storage box :)

Attachments

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And an arctic heater kit, nice!
My 803 as been flawless since Kloppk and you helped me with the stator last year.

My 803a has the heater ( standard on "Canadianized " designation...) and I make good use of it during cold season. Will be nice to have a spare :).

As I take the 802 apart , is the bolt on fan/ water pump and main pulley left hand thread?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks