• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to mep 002a

dragogt

I'm having issues trying to get it to start, I know it runs because when we got it the O/L has video of it running but after sitting for 3~ months I'm trying to hook it up but all I get is a click from the starter.

Pics of how it sits now..

Attachments

R Racing

And your fuel system will never work that way ! the injector pump needs preasurized fuel to it. its not a suction pump. you need to use the pumps and filters in the gen system .

R Racing

You need your fuel line to be connected from the check valve your attached to now by the oil pressure gauge . to the closest fuel filter can on that side. after you swap your cables you should hear your electric fuel pumps come on when you turn the switch. let the unit prim a good min before turning the engine over. your most likely going to have to bleed your fuel system .

jamawieb

Ok I "thought the pole on the starter was the pos side?

Ok what do I need to change to make them work?
I think first you need to download the manual and read. If you're experimenting on getting it running, you're going to do more damage.
Your fuel system runs from the tank, to the fuel pumps, to the fuel canisters and finally to the injector pump/engine.
From the pictures, it looks like you don't even have the fuel pumps?????

dependable

The pole of front top of starter is negative. I see in your picture #4 that you are missing one of the three fuel filter canisters. Up front to the left of those are your fuel pumps. I would suggest you download the TMs from this forum and get a basic understanding of unit's operation. That will save you some frustration and help you not damage the generator.

Best to start with cleaning fuel system out as outlined in generator WIKI on this forum. Contaminated fuel is a good way to mess these up.

steelandcanvas

Manuals are free to download from this forum. I will echo the others that suggested downloading manuals. These machines produce voltage and current that will kill you.

Rapracing

What is the O/L?

by no means am I an expert. These guys on here are. There is no way it ran as it sits. If this was the machine you saw running either you or someone took a couple items off the machine after you saw it run. Three months is not a long time for it to sit. I would think at most the batteries would have needed charged.

As as suggested you need to download the manual and read it. Get a little familiar with what you're working with and get the parts you need.

Last edited:

dragogt

I have a couple of the TM's but trying to read them off my phone is just a little bit difficult..

I have gone through the wiki but looks like I need to do so a few more times, but in the meantime anybody have a dummies guide to this thing? Lol

dependable

The WIKI is pretty much as close to dummie's guide for an MEP-002a as you are going to get.

No doubt it is harder for those with small screens. What is up with that? One can not properly read a TM or repair manual off a small screen.

If you don't know how to print it out (admittedly an obsolete custom) try finding a screen that shows whole pages and schematics at a time... I am modern, from a 20th century point of view, and have a lot of TMs downloaded as PDFs in a folder on my desk top.

Anyway...

steelandcanvas

I have a couple of the TM's but trying to read them off my phone is just a little bit difficult..

I have gone through the wiki but looks like I need to do so a few more times, but in the meantime anybody have a dummies guide to this thing? Lol
Go to the local library if you don't have a decent way to view the TM's. Sometimes, for a small amount of pocket change, you can also print the pages you need to study. If they don't feature the ability to print, take notes on the information.

Ray70

No matter how you view the TM's it still winds up being helpful to have either a printed copy available or at least the pages associated with whichever aspect of the machine you happen to be working on at the time. Maybe print up a couple copies and stick it in a binder so it doesn't get jumbled up, then print a couple more copies as backups.
I guess my biggest question is, as Rapracing mentioned: If it was running 3 months ago in the video, what in the world happened to the fuel lines, strainer and aux. fuel supply switch? Was the unit fully assembled and running in the vid. or was it somehow rigged up to run off a fuel can? ( not the way it is in the pic. now.) and what's an O/L? I assume that refers to the person you bought it from :shrugs:

Keith_J

Reverse polarity fries other stuff, like fuel shutoff solenoid wiring. Cannon plugs are soldered, reverse polarity can overheat the joints, saving the circuit with an unintentional fuse action. The Cannon plug in question is the one above the injection pump. If the fuel shutoff doesn't actuate, check there.

dragogt

No matter how you view the TM's it still winds up being helpful to have either a printed copy available or at least the pages associated with whichever aspect of the machine you happen to be working on at the time. Maybe print up a couple copies and stick it in a binder so it doesn't get jumbled up, then print a couple more copies as backups.
I guess my biggest question is, as Rapracing mentioned: If it was running 3 months ago in the video, what in the world happened to the fuel lines, strainer and aux. fuel supply switch? Was the unit fully assembled and running in the vid. or was it somehow rigged up to run off a fuel can? ( not the way it is in the pic. now.) and what's an O/L? I assume that refers to the person you bought it from :shrugs:
I've been looking at 2 different TM's on the pc and I have yet to see the diagram for the fuel lines, pumps, and filters (just the IP lines)

O/L = Ole Lady
Did you swap your battery leads yet to see if it turns over ? Your going to need some parts to get that running properly.
Not yet, my world has been a little crazy here recently; I'll get that done first thing tomorrow.

Can you or anybody else give me an idea of what else is missing?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks