• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to military trucks

eagle4g63

Just wanted to say Hi all, joined here cause I been wanting a deuce for a few years and I finally got one!!!

Lucky enough to find one like I wanted(well almost) and it was local enough for me.

Here are a few pics of it. It needs a few things and I am planning on modifying a few things(nothing major just a few creature comforts).

Anyway, love the sight and will probably be asking a few questions, when I am done with all the searching(which seems to answer most of them) and get more into the truck.

Attachments

eagle4g63

When about in May is the Findlay meet? I hope to try to go to a few of these things. Need to get the wife totally wormed up to this thing first though. After a week with it she is coming around( a little) I guess she DIDN"T TOTALLY understand the magnitude of this kind of truck when she said she was fine with me getting one!!! HAHA too late it's here and paid for!!:beer:

big block 88

Clean truck for sure. I love those style mirrors nice and simple not a bunch of bars runnin all over. My first duece had those but none of the current ones have them. Nice find.

eagle4g63

The singled tires was one of the things I was looking for in one of these, I am planning on getting the hemmt rims for it this summer, also wanted a hard top but this one doesn't have one(has winch though). I figure I'll try the softy for a while this summer and see if it is really worth going topless or not, if not a hard top will get ordered before winter.

Also going to do the 3 paint camo job on it.

Anyone know where I can get a set of bows for this? also a three tone rear cover, can't seem to find these very easy and the ones I have seen were stupid money high.(compared to the tan ones)

Thanks for the compliments to all, glad to hear others say this is in good shape, I thought it might be,but wasn't positive.

runs beautiful starts with the slightest bump of the button and I have already started mixing hydo oil(my buddy is a freak about changing the fluids in his lawn equipment, most looks like it was just put in!!) and trans fluid(left over new stuff I had laying around the garage). Can't wait to get my oil filtering set up and running I already have over a thousand gallons of oil,trans fluid that I can have for free!!:mrgreen:

jms8109

start up procedure

just had a nice m35a2 built and would like details of start 'er up procedure and same for shut 'er down. please be explicit as i am a beginner and don't want to do any damage.

davey8943

eagle,

You definitely got a good looker, those tires are suhhhh WEET!

Were in IN are you? If your interested, the Haspin rally is in June.... LOTS of fun!

congrats!

Dave

just had a nice m35a2 built and would like details of start 'er up procedure and same for shut 'er down. please be explicit as i am a beginner and don't want to do any damage.
Real quick as not to 'hijack' this thread

Start:
1. Pull out fuel cut-off handle
2. Turn Master on
3. Ensure transmission is in NEUTRAL
4. Press in clutch
5. Bump the starter and crank the engine to check for hydrostatic lock
6. Turn master off
7. Push fuel cut-off handle in
8. Open throttle about 3 clicks
9. Turn on master and run for about 5 seconds
10. Crank engine until it starts
11. Run for at least 5 mins to get turbo up to speed before driving (Let engine warm to at least 120)

Stop:
1. Set parking brake
2. Run engine for at least 5 mins to allow turbo to spool down
3. Turn master off
4. Pull fuel cut-off out all the way until engine stops
5. Don't forget to drain your air tanks and put a cap on your exhaust (coffee can)

You should start a new thread and introduce yourself/ask your questions.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks