• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to military trucks

eagle4g63

Davey-I'm up in the north west part(Near Griffith and Gary)

General Mcgregor, the bridge numbers were there when I got it and didn't even notice the 69 till my buddy pointed it out(I'm usually quick with that type of stuff!!) Second, I can't turn the Master on IF my fuel cut is out. I'll have to take a pic of the switch handle on mine maybe it is different than other trucks-also have to turn Master off BEFORE you can pull the fuel lever out to turn the truck off.

Real quick as not to 'hijack' this thread]

3. Turn master off
4. Pull fuel cut-off out all the way until engine stops
Thats what I said, I did say that didn't I??? Oh yeah I did.

In my truck and in many others there is a notch at the end of the master switch, that notch is so you can turn your master switch on with the fuel cut-off pulled out, I would like to see a pic of yours.

eagle4g63

Singles, Winch, Clean-arm mirrors, Way to go with your first ! Awesome ! , Hope I can do that good, thats whats taking me a while ! Great looking rig !
And did I say it was LOCAL, Ok, so it was about a 1 hour drive home in the truck(made it there in under 45 min) BUTTTTT, local in my definition!!!!

Any way here are some pics of the switch, I think the little round thing on the end is the notch you are referring to.?.? Lots more to learn about these trucks.

Looking at upgrading my primary fuel filter to a modern one with a better water separator and spin off filter, will post pics when I get it(hope in the next 2 weeks) Already has the spin off oil filter upgrade!

Attachments

RealCavDog

And did I say it was LOCAL, Ok, so it was about a 1 hour drive home in the truck(made it there in under 45 min) BUTTTTT, local in my definition!!!!

Any way here are some pics of the switch, I think the little round thing on the end is the notch you are referring to.?.? Lots more to learn about these trucks.

Looking at upgrading my primary fuel filter to a modern one with a better water separator and spin off filter, will post pics when I get it(hope in the next 2 weeks) Already has the spin off oil filter upgrade!

Thats sure what I would call VERY local in my book ! And SURE ! Just rub a little salt in there !

Just Kidding ! Real happy for you, Always glad to see folks score in a good deal and get what they are looking for !

Yeah you and I are on the same page [thumbzup] pull out your cut-off, then turn the master on. You will see what I mean.

jms8109

Real quick as not to 'hijack' this thread

Start:
1. Pull out fuel cut-off handle
2. Turn Master on
3. Ensure transmission is in NEUTRAL
4. Press in clutch
5. Bump the starter and crank the engine to check for hydrostatic lock
6. Turn master off
7. Push fuel cut-off handle in
8. Open throttle about 3 clicks
9. Turn on master and run for about 5 seconds
10. Crank engine until it starts
11. Run for at least 5 mins to get turbo up to speed before driving (Let engine warm to at least 120)

Stop:
1. Set parking brake
2. Run engine for at least 5 mins to allow turbo to spool down
3. Turn master off
4. Pull fuel cut-off out all the way until engine stops
5. Don't forget to drain your air tanks and put a cap on your exhaust (coffee can)

You should start a new thread and introduce yourself/ask your questions.
thank you,buddy...where do i go for new thread?

eagle4g63

thank you,buddy...where do i go for new thread?
At the top left, right above where it says-Threads in Forum: The Deuce
you will find a small thing that says-New Thread
just click on that and you will have one of these windows that you can put in your header and post whatever it is you are wanting help with.

Welcome to the site!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks