• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New to site From WI

MJKJ

Hi All,

I purchased a 931A2 in early August have been working it since. I have a 10 ton goose neck dump trailer hooked up to it and have hauled 2 loads of scrap tires weighting in at 2.5 and 1.8 tons that the truck probably did not even know a trailer was hooked up.

I have installed a 12 volt alternator above the 24 volt alternator and in the process of setting up a 12 volt power bus system. Have 3 cables running from cab to end of truck 2 are 14-7C AWG and 1 is 10-4C AWG. I have a 7 flat blade trailer connector wired in with the 10AWG for the trailer brakes on 3 axels not hooked up yet. 3-24 volt relays are wired for 12 volt civilian trailer lights and 1 relay for the electric brake control with a override for backing up.

I have a question that I hope to be answered. The right rear-rear axle shaft was leaking at the flange and after pulling the shaft the outer bearing has no grease on it but differential oil covering it. Is this correct since this has the central air system with air seals in hub separating the inner and outer bearing. The inner bearing should have grease in it.

I can not get the hub to come off after looking thru the TMs for anything I missed besides removing the nuts. The reason this bugs me is I read a trip posting about a truck having its wheel bearings fail with something about these bearings not being packed with grease during overhaul of the truck. The hubs have not heated up during my drives and no noise while giving the wheel a spin rolls smooth.

Another Ahab

Lot of new blood from Wisconsin today: welcome from back here in Virginia.

Can't help you with your bearing issue, but someone who can will be along shortly. Count on it.